Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Honda CB350 Racers Promotion
 CB 350 K4 Camshaft

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Superscript Subscript Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wee nor Posted - 16 Nov 2010 : 10:13:21 AM
Hi, I recently bought a used race cam from America and told it was a Megacycle X5. I checked the serial numbers on the Megacycle site to find no numbers matched. I sent it to a Honda K4 expert and he told me it was a genuine Honda race cam, but could not identify it. Can anyone help ? The cast numbers are, K 268, CWC D2. The small stamped number is,2325 1 0. Thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ricardo Posted - 30 Mar 2013 : 12:13:20 AM
Hey,

we've got a similar camshaft over here in germany and trying to figure out what make it is! it has 2PN-77 on it just like yours, racer7!

Did you, or anybody else find something on this?
Or if you may even want to sell it, - i'd be very happy if you'd leave a message!

Thanks!

Best regards from berlin, germany.

Ricardo
racer7 Posted - 14 Jan 2011 : 9:49:34 PM
I have a CB350 Camshaft numbered:

H O 2

2PN - 77

Any ideas which model etc. it may be off?

Regards
racer7
wee nor Posted - 18 Nov 2010 : 05:58:36 AM
Cheers ! Thanks for your help. Regards, Norrie
OldKwak Posted - 17 Nov 2010 : 6:12:03 PM
I think the CWC D2 might indicate its an Andrews Camshaft as I have a couple of sets of Andrews cams for my Kwak that have a similar cast marking. If you look at the ends of the cams you might see some stampings. The X 5 might be on the end, if so I would suggest that it is definitely an Andrews cam as they marked the Kwak cams with an X followed by the stage of tune numerically. For example my stage 4 Andrews cams (.430 lift) are marked X4 on the RH end of the camshaft. I could also be completely wrong. By the way Andrews now only make cams for Harleys I think but many years ago they made lots of different cams for Jap bikes, including Hondas and kwaks etc but that's all gone now and they have sold off their profiles to others including megacycle.

In the end it is probably best if you install the cam and determine the duration and timing at 0.050 inches and 0.040 inches (1mm) of lift and then look at the various cam supplier web sites. This will give you an idea as to the best dial in timing. If you really want to get it right, work out the best dynamic compression ratio you can get once you have sorted out your duration by experimenting with different inlet valve closure times. Calculators can be found on the web for this. Work from there to get your exhaust timing by determining an appropriate valve overlap for your motor. In general I have found the manufacturers web site timings very conservative. They do this to deal with potential valve hitting other valve or piston problems but if you do it on the bench and allow appropriate clearances you won't damage anything and will get a much better result in terms of performance. In fact you might get a surprise just how well a set of dialled in standard cams can go.

Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services