Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 2020 MA rules revision

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Superscript Subscript Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
john Posted - 24 Jun 2020 : 1:05:45 PM
If you have any views on the proposed rule changes, please get back to me or your state Historic management Committee and give us your concerns or support.
Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acotrel Posted - 29 Jul 2020 : 08:28:38 AM
The seniors' meetings offer better value then historic. At least they are not all pansies who do not really want to race.
acotrel Posted - 09 Jul 2020 : 08:12:57 AM
Historic racing is crap and always has been.
acotrel Posted - 09 Jul 2020 : 08:10:48 AM
Some of the best road racing we have ever seen was in the late 60s and early seventies when everybody had small capacity two-strokes.
acotrel Posted - 09 Jul 2020 : 08:07:47 AM
I love two-stroke races and I love four-stroke races. A few years ago I made a conscious choice. I sold a very good TZ350 to buy a decent gearbox for my Seeley Commando 850. Running a TZ350 is too expensive to waste it in races against four cylinder four strokes. I've only raced the Seeley a few times, but there have been two-strokes getting in my way with their different race lines. It is not what road racing should be about.
acotrel Posted - 09 Jul 2020 : 08:00:01 AM
Most of the problems with historic racing have occurred because of running two-strokes in the same races as four-strokes. While historic race classes are based only on date of manufacture and capacity, that is never going to change.
If you look back a bit, Brice Kinnersley used to run his 250 Montesa in Period 3 against 350 Manxes and 7Rs. He was within the rules. He later had the decency to move to Period 4. There was a 125cc Bantam which was almost an RS125. And decent two stroke of 250cc will absolutely cream most four-strokes on a reasonably short circuit - that is most of our circuits. When you do that, anyone who has spent a bomb on a four-stroke will stay at home.

Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services