Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Interstate Challenge
 Existing meetings- Maybe link 'em
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2004 :  4:12:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Why not set up something to promote the Champs in each State. With smart promotion tricks shared by each club we may be able to boost attendance at each existing meeting and increase the spectator numbers dramatically if we plug that side of it.
AT eastern Creek they have some sort of team / points sytem, we could learn from that.If each Interstater that fronted at each meeting was presented with a participation trophy it may encourage teams to appear. It could be a standardised trophy and something quite small but nice cos I hope there would be heaps issued.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 22 Aug 2004 4:25:31 PM

steve
Level 2 Member

Queensland

86 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2004 :  7:34:10 PM  Show Profile Send steve a Private Message  

Hi All
I don't think it should be limited to 2 tracks down south which are close to each other, how about the Darwin fellows & the Queenlanders!! I'm sure a points system in all states & have a meeting in each state would be fairer instead just in Vic!! At 1 stage we tried to get a inter-state challenge to happen in NSW that was ok when we went there but they didn't return the favour as it will be to far to travel. the Darwin fellows try to get people up there by organizing deals on transport & somewhere to stay, to cheap entries etc etc & everytime I've gone racing down south it's everyone for himself & see you later, I found it cheaper to go to NZ with the support from the NZ club & our Local club than heading to any Vic,s race meetings, Maybe the different clubs running the events should give incentives to interstate travelers?? Here in Qld we use too!! but now it only riders how have the money, not all people have a couple of spare motors or cash to attend all meetings but if you got traveling money per state say, I bet you would get more attendance from the people from other states, just my thoughts only.
Steve Qld
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2004 :  10:53:44 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Steve, I dont know where you got the idea of limiting it to two tracks. I proposed one in SA, One in NSW and one in VIc. There may be merit in including Nt and QLD. But I dont know how it could be worked. I would not go to QLD or NT, its just too far for me and I dont have the time.
But a compromise may be to have a Qld, NT and NSW loop as one system amd SA, Vic and NSW as the other loop, and let each group work things out between themselves. It may mean NSW has a greater chance of action but so be it, life was not meant to be easy.
Australia is just too big, it is unrealistic to try and get big numbers doing the long hauls.
We tried to get QLD down at meetings last year but none came along and now my club has directed me to stop the incentives.
I would help plan a SA/NSW/Vic loop if anybody is interested.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

steve
Level 2 Member

Queensland

86 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 :  1:47:59 PM  Show Profile Send steve a Private Message  

Yes John
Most places from Qld are down south!! There is always the same fellows going to the different events each time 10 or 15 Qld's every time, but we both understand the travelling involved & time!! But in the future I'm sure we maybe can work something out!! I sure your aware what happened last time the Queenslanders attended the INCA racers in Feb We stayed at the Black-Town workers club & all our Cars & trailers were broken into & race gear & tools etc were taken on the Sunday night!! Just only the Queensland Cars. WE hired a car down in NSW but it had Qld plates on it!! yes guess which hire car out of 10 in the car park got ripped off. Maybe A Warning to interstaters about the workers club on this form or as I've seen Bike racing accommadation friendly places. This happens often we were told after all our cars got wrecked
Steve
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2004 :  08:30:59 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I notice the two race idea was listed on the Interstae challenge topic.
Lets see waht others write on that site. I was not aware of the robbery at Blacktown.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services