Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Forgotten Era
 P5/P4 125s
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  10:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

Pete,
I thought I'd better change the topic seeing it was getting off the "P5 carbies" topic.
quote:
P.S. Methanol for P5 bikes is on the agenda for discussion by the MA commissioners at their meeting next month.

I noticed that - could be interesting to see which way they go. It seems to be the sidecar contingent that are pushing for the change. MA might specify that any change would only be applicable for sidecars. But as I see it the same arguments apply to all P5 air cooled engines/fuels.

quote:
P.P.S. My P4 Yamaha TA125 (on petrol) does 2.01.5 at Eastern Creek (with an 87kg- at least that's what he admits to- 6'2 rider-not me).

That's getting mobile! - I only managed 2.05 at BSM but have improved a few things since then & still working at it.

quote:
P.P.P.S. Picked up a while ago a Kawasaki KX125 (mid 70's) with a watercooled Suzuki RG500 Mk.1 cylinder grafted to it. Not done anything with it as yet as gearbox is stuffed & needs plenty of TLC as it has been sitting for probably 25 years.

Has it ever run? Was it any good? That configuration was mentioned to me at BSM.
Will the RG cylinder fit on the KX cases easily? I guess studs would have to be moved but there isn't a lot of room to move them out easily on std KX cases.
I was interested in looking at that idea but I thought it would be a bit hard to find RG500 cylinders!

Bummers

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen

Black Pete
Level 1 Member

Northern Territory

14 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  01:32:31 AM  Show Profile Send Black Pete a Private Message  

Re KX125 - if someone can tell me how to attach a picture I'll include it in a post.
Pete
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  07:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

I don't think you can attach pics or show them on this forum.
And the "Picture Gallery" link doesn't seem to work, either.

Maybe you could send me an email & attach it? - bummers@internode.on.net

Bummers

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services