Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 HSB Historic Superbikes
 HSB response from PI 2008
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2008 :  6:00:17 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

At the Island Classic, the New Zealand and South Africans were very interested to hear more about the concept and get involved with the program. Since it is a concept that simply straddles existing race meetings. There should not be a problem with them being involved when we more to racing.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 29 Jan 2008 11:02:18 PM

transtasman racer
Level 1 Member

New Zealand

3 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2008 :  8:57:44 PM  Show Profile Send transtasman racer a Private Message  

John

Who in the NZ team did you talk to as by my count, there were three members of the NZPCRA technical committee there, plus also I think an exec committee member?

Also can you enlighten us on the South African team you mention as I didn't notice one all weekend.

Al

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  10:55:53 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Al,you may not have had time to move around as I had, because I had blown up my sidecar engine. We have been promoting the HSB concept and I handed out additional DL cards to promote discussion.
I was approached by people involved with a Laverda which included the South African chap who explained to me he had raced the SF 750cc Laverdas in the past and he liked to idea of very tight elegibility rules for HSB Superbikes. He added that he came to Australia to race from time to time because "Classic racing in South Africa was a mess".
Some of the other fellas speaking in strange vowels also talked about the Laverda, whilst asking questions about the HSB concept

The HSB Superbike concept is aimed only at Australian racing as that is where it actually started, if foriegners want to get involved they will only be involved at the race meetings we work with in Australia. It is not intended to be a country vs country concept.

I did not mention teams, why do you ask about a South African team?
I spoke with many other people, do you want their names as well?
Is your request a question or a demand?
What are you trying to establish?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2008 :  08:15:44 AM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

Geez John, looks like the inquisition are after you.
Looks like a demand to me.
Anyway I thought the HSB Superbikes only involved Aussie riders, but, I think I remember Crosby being invoilved as I write.
Al certainly looks upset, what is his issue?
Al, can you explain your demand, just in case I read it wrong.
Go to Top of Page

transtasman racer
Level 1 Member

New Zealand

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  8:36:57 PM  Show Profile Send transtasman racer a Private Message  

Hmmm, bit sensitive aren't we?

John - at the risk of providing a grammar lesson....

You use the word "the" when you should have used either "a" or "some"

The implication from what you wrote is that you spoke to the whole group, or certain people within the garage of a leadership position.

Thus from what you say, you did not speak to THE New Zealanders, or South African's. Rather, you spoke to A or some New Zealander(s) and A South African.

These two propositions are quite different - with very different implications. Personally, I don't really care who you talk to as it's a free world, but how you state it does have an impact. But whilst both people are smart people, they are individuals in this instance. However if you had asked around a little, as mentioned in my first post - there were 3 members of the NZ tecnical committee in the garage.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  9:01:05 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Thanks for the corrective notes. My only defence is perhaps I was tired or cant use grammer properly all the time.
As for being sensitive, yes I am, it is a weakness I have.
I get annoyed when people ask questions in riddle form without explanation, and I am expected to read their mind when the the question is written to understand what is going on.
If you had any decency you may have considered an explanation for the question to help with a clear answer. I assume you cant either, because you may have felt slighted because you were not part of the conversation at the track or because I was suggesting the whole of NZ wanted to get involved with HSB HIstoric superbikes when that may not be the case.

As for the grammer lesson, I accept the correction.

Now back to the topic, I did not seek the earlier mentioned people, they approached myself and talked about their team and its bike. I imagined just the people involved with the Laverda not the people involved in the International Challenge, were interested, because the Int. Challenge bikes would not be elegible for HSB Historic Superbikes.

As for the presence of the NZ technical group, that is nice but of no interest to me in this particular project.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  5:56:14 PM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

Al, whats the story?
Do you have a question?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services