Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Forgotten Era
 Ginger Malloy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Neil
Level 1 Member

Canada

1 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2008 :  05:32:00 AM  Show Profile Send Neil a Private Message  

In 1971 I was involved with the Kay Don Trophey races in Ontario, Canada. Ginger Malloy won the race and the silver tray(trophey). Unfortunately he had to leave immediately to catch a plane to another race and did not get the award. We have been caring for this tray all these years and have again deceided to try to contact Ginger.

If anyone can contact him and forward our e-mail address, I would be most appreciative. We still would like to get this silver tray to him.

Thank you,

Neil Serres
ns.serres@sympatico.ca

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2008 :  05:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

try NZ classic racers
or try
R BOYD

14 DUNDAS STREET

WHITIANGA 2856,

NEW ZEALAND

Rex is a mate of Gingers brother

Allan Greening

Edited by - Allan on 17 Dec 2008 05:48:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2008 :  09:07:07 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

As far as I know Ginger Molloy is still involved in his business.
Huntly Honda, 313 Great South Road, Huntly, Waikato, N.Z. Phone/Fax 07 828 9687.
It is highly likely that he will be here in January for the Island Classic.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2008 :  6:03:20 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

If all else fails, try the NZ Classic Motorcycle Racing Register membership secretary on nzcmrr@free.net.nz . I'd imagine Ginger would be happy to receive his trophy, it was a good win, I seem to recall a pic from the time of him on his 250 with either Kel Carruthers or Cal Rayborn camped on his tail on a Vesco Yamaha. Kaye Don was a motorcycle racer before the first world war, a pilot during the war, and a car racer from 1920 on, also made world speed record attempts on land and water, he was a contemporary of Sir Henry Segrave, Sir Malcolm Campbell, and Sir George Eyston, and a successful Brooklands racer, so any trophy attached to his legacy would be a worthy addition to the cabinet, good on you Neil for chasing this one up.
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  11:23:15 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

GD your knowledge and memory recall never fails to amaze me.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA

Oops I went off the subject matter
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2008 :  7:42:03 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

He will be at the Island Classic 2009.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  08:44:54 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Neil, I spoke to Ginger at the Island Classic and he said he had not heard from you. The address I gave will get him, I know it works because I have tried it.
Your move.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services