Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Post Classic Forum
 World SuperBikes Historic support
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

rol
Level 2 Member

Victoria

22 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2009 :  06:35:28 AM  Show Profile Send rol a Private Message  

G'day all.
Only 31 entries at the World SuperBikes, for the Historic races, for P4 and P5 unlimited.
Possibly room for 9 more if they'll accept late entries?
The more the merrier.
Contact info@phillipislandcircuit.com.au
We'll be competing.
See you there.
Regards
Rol.

Rol.

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  10:52:18 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Persdonally Rol I am not sure such activity is good for Historic racing. I notice we get entries from people Hartwell and the HMRAV have not seen in years.
I suggestted that a system whereby support and results at Historic events is necessary before an entry to the WSB event is allowable. EWhat do you think?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  6:18:31 PM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

Always going to be a problem John but really, are we that concerned, the cost is prohibitive. The sup regs are available for the MotoGp support races and are $390 for three races plus practice over three days. Sure you get to see Casey etc. do their stuff as part of the price with 4 passes, but I think the Southern Classic is better money for value and you don't have to compete with the occasional attenders. I guess if they want to spend their money that way, good luck to them.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  8:34:04 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Being really hardnosed about it.\, 4 passes for 4390 is good value when you compare the gate price. I pay about $215 for a grandsatnd for the weekend.
My point is that maybe we should be working towards excellence. Alot of thoe that enter ride dungers compared with Rex's machines etc.
They are not race fit nor are their machines race prepared.

In Europe you have to earn the right to compete at a "prestige " event and as the Secretray of a major promoting club, I believe we should go down the path of earning a right to enter.
I realise I am a lone voice at the moment, but I am prepared to chip away. The promoter would be gauranteed of good bikes and fit ravers, the local scene may get more racers and overall it can only help encourage more people to put an effort in.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  08:25:00 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

When have historic meeting scrutineers ever turned away anyone for bringing a 'dunger' to a meeting? And that's were there should be a bit of control. The support for motoGP could be televised world wide. There would be consequences for a big stuff up by someone with a dunger like last year when someone dropped oil
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  4:19:06 PM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

To be honest I think John's comments were a bit over the top, I went to help a mate last year and must say you would have been hard pressed to see a so called "dunger" in any of the bikes, including the one that leaked. The entry process was also very very tight, photos and previous officially recorded lap times at PI were required. I know because they wouldn't me let in. Furthermore, every one of the people who raced have all supported and continue to support Unlimited P4 & P5 historics. In general they all finish at the "pointy end" of that class - they have to to get around PI in less than 1:59 to qualify.

I think the issue of the leaking bike is a bit of a furphy, the bike itself was generally very well prepared and the problem arose as an oversight and I have see top fight GP bikes come to grief in similar circumstances.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  4:28:19 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

fair enugh, but I am aware that many bikes that dont normally race do try and get there. Rex Wolfendon mentioned it to me.
I think we need to try and work out how to attract them to 'normal' historic events.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  4:46:03 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Easy, just put on a world championship round as a support event.
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  10:22:33 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

one old fart at the broady bonanza complained about being passed by a regular racer doing a million miles an hour. As John Feakes has pointed out it would be good to get the bikes and riders more evenly matched in speed. Running in periods has been done since the early 70's in historic races. It sometimes brings races where the tailenders are lapped after two laps, and the passing speeds are dangerous.
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  09:23:19 AM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

People just have to learn to get on and race safely.
We have had the Clerk of course pull people up for unsafe passing so there are safe guards.
It is not an ideal world, but things can change if more people get involved at all levels, racing, committee and even giving feedback.

We dont have the luxuury of being able to have every perfect.
There has been an idea to race within lap time groups and that may get up if supported.
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  09:28:43 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

We are talking about Historic Racing here.
Racing was always by capacity and changes came about as bikes were developed and natural attrition made the older bikes obsolete.
In creating historic classes there are two ways to approach the situation.
One is by the year a bike was produced.
Another is by the technical specification of the bike.
We adopted the year of manufacture as the yardstick. This system precludes many bikes from racing in the period they represent.
It really is time we had another look at how we do things.
Racing is about bikes of similar capacity and performance competing with each other.
It is not about bikes of similar age and disparate performance all chucked in together.
Now, where were we?
John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  7:30:21 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

When I win powerball, I'm gunna pester ianucci to sell me a 500MV. I'll really give keeth campbell a razz in period 3.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services