Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Honda CB350 Racers Promotion
 ROLLER STARTER
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

jvdairlie
Level 2 Member

Queensland

48 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  6:47:21 PM  Show Profile Send jvdairlie a Private Message  

Gents - I am looking to make, copy, find, borrow or buy a roller starter for the soon to be born CB350.

I'm too bloody old to be pushing a bike up and down the street and besides - it's not a cool look in one's 'Senior Years'.

I've seen the one on OZ Ebay but it's probably made of gold bar and diamonds at the price.

JD

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  9:32:37 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Hi James,

get yourself to the next race meet near you and take some pictures of the home made ones. People use all manner of things - starter motors and big angle grinders are common motors. Should be an easy copy job if you have the tools.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

jvdairlie
Level 2 Member

Queensland

48 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  6:22:40 PM  Show Profile Send jvdairlie a Private Message  

Thanks Ben.

Unfortunately there's no Classic/Historic racing north of Brisbane where starters might be used and I am located 1200km north of Brissy! All the race meetings we do have here in the tropics are late model stuff and we just turn the key and hit the button marked START. None of this barbaric push start caper - too hot here for that!!

I'll be at the Historic Meeting at Morgan Park in September and no doubt I'll get some good ideas re starters there but I was hoping to find something before then.

James
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  9:35:41 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

start buttons? Wheres the fun in that.

Does anyone have the specs to build the GMC grinder based starters they would be willing to post here?

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services