Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Post Classic Forum
 125cc Derbi
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  7:50:17 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

I have a mid 1960's Derbi 125. Will I be able to race at the Southern Classic without being run over by big four cylinder superbikes. I am thinking of ensuring the bike with Shannons, are they any good?

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  9:46:04 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Glen, that is an unusual question, what makes you think you may be run over by a 4 cyl superbike, why would you want to race against them,nobody else has been yet?

Shannons will not insure your bike for racing.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 31 Jul 2009 9:48:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  11:46:15 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Jon, I looked at this farum a few days ago and saw lots of posts about Southern Classic races. There was a new deal for 125s mentioned. I can't find the posts any more it looks like they've been wiped out. When someone organises a race meeting, do they have to get the programme approved? Who does that, is it Mark Campbell? I think it's strange to run 125s along with TZ350 Yams in Period 5 up to 600cc.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  07:32:29 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Glen, its under Future race meetings.
The clubs create their own programs based on the bikes that thave turned up in the past.
I have admitted the 125 part of the program was rushed, but TZ 350 are not 4 cyl. Superbikes.
The problem we have is that to few 125 bikes turn up consistently.
Also we have had representations to the committee that on reflection were not good.
But we have offered to help if the 125 blokes get together get 10 machines to enter and there will be a separate race for you. If 2 enter that will not happen.
But seriuosly what is the problem with TZ350 bikes, I thought you would be nowhere near them on the track?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  08:33:08 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

If one guy can stop 125s running with period 3 250s,I don't want to run with period 5 600.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  10:30:18 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Thats Ok, as I have said we will run a separtae race if you blokes get the numbers. YOU need to help ring around. John Feakes is more than keen to try. PM him.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  3:50:35 PM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Its been said many times before just put all 125s in with 250cc p3, just because i person had an issue do not make us all suffer, this been the cause of all this problem ,one complaint.
As glen20 says he complains so what is the difference.
If we do not get the 10 riders for a seperate race just put all 125s in with 250p3 please, end of problem

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  07:51:24 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

There are alterntives to your opinion from other 125 riders.

Also we know who the complaint came from because he came to the meeting and put a case.

Compliants behind anonymous titles do not carry the same weight. Identify yourselves and we shall listen more carefully.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services