Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Eligibilty Area
 Eligibilty on Race Tracks
 HOW WIDE are race tracks??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2001 :  3:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

Is it true that there is a "new" rule to as to how wide a race track has to be? If so, what will happen to Mac Park, looks like MA's new rules say that it is not wide enough and what about other tracks in Australia, are they in the same position?? Will they only be able to be used for the odd club day? If so they "will" not pay and that means no more races at that track?? Already some tracks have to move fences back and they will have to have tyre barriers in place to run a meeting. NOW looks bad to me.

Allan Greening

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2001 :  7:31:36 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

The comment about width of circuits raises the spectre of control of our sport by insurance companies.
I think there are two terms we need to understand - risk and safety. Risk is a situation or condition where there is uncertainty which can lead to loss (of life) It is described in terms of what could happen, how likely it is to happen, and what are the potential consequences. A situation or item is determined to ne 'safe', when the risk associated with likely scenarios is minimal and acceptable (tolerable) to all stakeholders.
I strongly suggest that road racing in Australia is safe. The risk of being killed or injured is tolerable to all stakeholders, however offsetting the risk of loss of wages through injury, by paying insurance will raise the cost of racing to a prohibitive level. I don't have statistics but I believe the racing deaths per kilometre must be much less than road deaths per kilometre.
I really feel we must argue our point with the insurers, or we will come to the end of our sport. We already look like losing Mt Gambier circuit, through this width of circuit rule.
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

92 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2002 :  09:30:16 AM  

Hear in the uk there are no rules on track width most are
quite wide anyway ,but there a couple that are allso used as
gocart circuits now they give a level playing field for the
smaller 2 Strokes riding with the big fat lardy arce for
strokes
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2002 :  1:00:11 PM  

Mac park is a laneway not a track ! the motards should be allright there because they can just hang it out in the grass/dirt , all the racing i've seen there on sports bikes had little overtaking . As far as saftey goes I think Malalla has a lot to answer for , embankments , Armco . S.A needs a world class race venue safe for bikes ! and fair enough if the insurance companies dont want to cover such venues , they kill people

In what life could you ever beat me ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services