Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Historic - Classic, Post Classic & F/Era Sidecars
 Sidecar Comments
 PI 2010
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

peen0_0
Level 3 Member

Victoria

224 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2010 :  08:01:58 AM  Show Profile Send peen0_0 a Private Message  

OK, its only a bit over a week away, so who's in? The "New Pig", now known as "Babe" will be there. Cheers, Buck n Peen, Sidecar #20.

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2010 :  8:00:56 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

As I mentioned in the General Comments thread, I rang the office today and Ashleigh said the sidecar entries number 28. Bloody good effort, lads. Between the Island and the Southern Classic at Broady, you'd have to say classic sidecar racing in Vic is in damn good shape. Hats off to John and fellow workers for their efforts in keeping the interest up, and to the racers for turning out in large numbers, an example other classes would be well advised to emulate. See you at the Island, regards GD

Edited by - GD66 on 13 Jan 2010 8:02:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2010 :  3:37:02 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

Excellent, I 'll be there too. Did Ashleigh give any hint of how many in each period?
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  12:28:21 AM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

She didn't, and for all PI's skills in running a great meeting, if there's one thing lacking it'd be the opportunity to get into a database and peruse the fields. Not that it's a major issue, but it's of interest. I bet if we request something along those lines, they'll implement it next year.
360 entries all up, the biggest entry of any motorcycle event ever in Australia. You ripper !!

Edited by - GD66 on 16 Jan 2010 12:29:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  08:43:13 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

What great news, 360 entries.
I hope the island doesn't sink under the weight.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  10:53:27 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

For a while it looked like we would not make it thsi year because of background things. But the engine gores in this Sunday and we will be ready. If anybody needs to share a shed in the sun let me know, JD

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  9:18:59 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

Hmm I got my acceptance papers today and it says the maximum grid is 24! Does that mean I have to nobble 4 of you to make sure it I get a start?
What do they do in this situation?
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

Bretta
Level 2 Member

Victoria

57 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2010 :  3:11:34 PM  Show Profile Send Bretta a Private Message  

Great to see the sidecars put on a good show over the weekend at the island, Bondy and I sat by turn 12 to watch and did think that you guys could have gone a little harder through there well done to everyone you did the sport proud. Don't forget to check out the photo's You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services