Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Forgotten Era
 Formula Extreme
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  2:23:30 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Terry O'Neill will be running Formula Extreme at Winton Motor Raceway on 4th, 5th, and 6th June 2010 under AASA insurance conditions. Meeting Steward will be Rob Madden formerly of Motorcycling NSW. Previously Terry has catered for some historic bikes at his FX meetings. His meetings always provide good quality racing at reasonable cost.

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2010 :  10:14:31 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2010 :  4:10:34 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

I'm considering entering my Seeley Norton in Terry O'Neill's meeting next June at Winton. At an FX meeting last year I noticed some late model Triumph and BMW twins racing. Does anyone on this forum know what class that might have been?
Go to Top of Page

bigdazoz
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2010 :  3:51:27 PM  Show Profile Send bigdazoz a Private Message  

Hi Allan,

I'm looking forward to seeing your Seely Norton in action this weekend at the FX meeting at Winton.

Be great to see you out there,

Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2010 :  7:37:29 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

As if....
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  10:54:48 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am not sure the cost is reasonable if the HMRAV fees are about $175 and Preston are about $250 for a modern event.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  1:17:49 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

The way I read it is entry $385, practice day $95 and garage at $75 per bike.
Does not make it a cheap weekend by any means.
$555 before you worry about travel expenses and all the other expenses involved just for one bike.
Sounds like the high rollers room to me.
No wonder dirt bikes are so popular.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  8:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

late model triumph,& bmw twins racing,wonder if thats your thunderbike class Alan ?,
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  09:58:29 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

I wouldn't mind racing against those modern fourstroke twins, but I believe O'Neill has excluded BEARS type machines from his events. I saw the Thunderbike class listed in the Victorian Road Race Championships programme last weekend. Perhaps I'm just way out of touch, but whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be well promoted.I'm just looking at the programme now. Thunderbike got three rides
the bikes are
KTM SMR
Ducati 1198
Kawasaki ER6
Aprilia SXV450
KX450F
Aprilia Tuoro
Ducati 1098S
Suzuki TL 1000R

At the front of the programme it's listed as 'Thunderbike Premodern, and F1' I noticed that in the few races I watched that the leader was the length of the straight from the rest, and the rest of them were never in a bunch. It makes we really wonder what we are doing with motorcycle road racing in Vic? This was a CHAMPIONSHIP!
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  10:11:57 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

There is a BEARS class listed.
The bikes were
KTM RC8
Ducati 1198 S
Ducati 999
Aprilia SXV450
Aprilia Tuoro
Aprilia RSV1000 Henderson Ducati 1998 S

I don't know why they'd have a Ducati 1198 in both Thunderbike premodern, and BEARs? It seemed to be a strange meeting for a championship.
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  11:17:52 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

Alan,

Pre modern in the Vic titles is for anything 9yrs and older. At Winton there were only 3 entrants, 2 R1's and an RSV1000 I believe. Potentially some bikes could be eligible for Thunderbike, BEARS and Pre modern, so take your pick.

If you were going to run with these bikes you'd need to get one of yours running first!!

These classes are run / combined to allow more rides per meeting for some bikes. Yes it is a CHAMPIONSHIP. If you have a better idea how to run it, I'm sure Preston MCC would love to know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services