Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of all 125's
 Vic Titles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

team400
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

19 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2010 :  2:05:48 PM  Show Profile Send team400 a Private Message  

G'Day Kids
Supp regs are out
I spoke to Toddy reguarding the 125 grids & all is good. Looks like we'll be back with our mates the C class,Vintage & classic 250's.It doesn't read well but I'm assured it is ment to read all period 125's.
So come on get those CB125's sorted,and lets play.
P.S Forksy im in training and "Hurley" will be there too

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2010 :  08:11:53 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

thanks 400 i was going to ring u about the wording in the regs for the 125s. but as usual u where way ahead of me,thats cleared that up so back to bike preperation must get a gap on u somehow!!!

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2010 :  09:28:39 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

It doesn't read well but I'm assured it is ment to read all period 125's.

Not trying to give HMRAV a hard time, but running bikes from all periods in one capacity class together, has been widely canvassed. I would have thought care would be taken to state clearly where it's intended to occur?
Go to Top of Page

steve086
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

3 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2010 :  7:41:48 PM  Show Profile Send steve086 a Private Message  

it sounds like a great meeting i can't wait for it see you guys there cheers "hurley"
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  09:25:04 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Well, I've been off the air for a while due to flood damage from fire hoses putting out the fire in the flat above me.
Bike survived ok but my computer drowned.
What a mess!
Anyway, back to the topic.
How many entries do we have? Too early to tell?
I still have lots of annoying little things to attend to so am very unlikely to be getting in everyone's way.
I guess the truth is that I am a lazy sod and need a rocket up my onkaparinga!
My excuse is that I am dependent on other people and they don't seem to share my sense of urgency.
So, is everyone happy to be riding with Class C and 250s?
See you all there.
John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2010 :  8:35:19 PM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Yes,,,hope to catch up with u at the meeting

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

steve086
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

3 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2010 :  8:24:31 PM  Show Profile Send steve086 a Private Message  

so does anyone know the number of 125's for the vic titles? i am venturing down on the mighty mtr. see you's down there cheers "hurley"
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  10:34:07 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Well, where did it go wrong?
Obviously the class needs more promotion and somehow we have to drag the hermits out of their sheds.
I am one of those hermits and I know what laziness is all about, I'm an authority on the subject.
Has anyone got any bright ideas on how we should promote the class?
What, apart from heaps of cash, would cause a massive increase of entries?
Is it lack of cash that stops people entering?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Edited by - john feakes on 23 Apr 2010 10:38:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2010 :  11:34:01 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

? what era do buckets run in?
At Eastern Creek there was a trade type display calling for them to be brought back to the Sheene Meeting.
The Bucket Nationals ran in conjunction with a HMRAV event at Broadford (maybe5-6 yrs ago) and there were about 70 of them there. They ran 2 and 4 stroke classes. There were obviously some mega buck bikes but also a very very large number of reliable,fun,fast bikes with riders smiles abounding due to close racing.
Why as you ask are they not racing anymore?
There are plenty of complete bikes out there so set up costs are covered.
Race entry planned in advance should not be a prohibititive reason.
Are the Bucket Racing Clubs being sent entries to our meetings?

Can Junior riders race these bikes or are the classes only for senior competitors?

Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  08:36:08 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

To answer as best I can, the 4 stroke buckets are mostly out beyond 125cc and most of them run 17" wheels so can't be log booked as historics.
Many of the 2 strokes are too modern.
There are some that have log books but I suspect that it is only a small proportion.
There seems to be a negative attitude to inviting them based on some notion that they argue too much about eligibility. I don't think this has any merit.
More importantly, they are generally N.S.W. based and the travel factor would be a problem for many.
The P.C.R.A. have a round at Broadford in October so it will be interesting to see how many venture down.
Juniors, as far as I know, are still only permitted to race in "junior" events.
The main problem that I see is that there are enough bikes to make a good class but for some reason they only come out occasionally and we never seem to get them all in the same place at the same time.

Why is it so?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  09:22:04 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Lack of suitable competive bikes is one of the problems,bantams bultacos etc are lust so fragile,very prone to engine problems never seem to last a full meeting,80-82s jap bikes is the way to go.
I think if you offered a seperate 4 stroke trophy i might encourge more 4 strokes to enter, it would even things out a bit.
I personaly think we should allow the buckets to enter,historic or not ,run it as a seperate trophy,Would make for some good racing.
There are buckets here in vic. Hartwell get a good turn up of bikes at there club days.

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  09:11:28 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Peter, I hear you loud and clear.
Unfortunately the 80-82 Jap bike theory, whilst sensible, destroys the concept of "historic" racing and becomes a formula for racing the newest bikes allowed.
To be historic we have to have 4 strokes racing.
They need to be recognised as a major part of the sport's history.
I have been toying with the idea of a separate trophy for 4 strokes but have been put off by the lack of bikes competing.
Perhaps a trophy would act as bait and attract more competitors.
I will explore what is available.
I am completely in favour of inviting buckets to join in.
The more, the merrier.
Any comments people?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services