Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Historic - Classic, Post Classic & F/Era Sidecars
 Sidecar Comments
 Wakefield Park
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  11:16:17 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

Hey, can anyone tell me about sidecars at Wakefield Park? I am thinking about trying to get to the PCRA meet in mid-May and am wondering if there are likely to be many P4 sidecars there. Also, what is the track like - is it fun on a sidecar? - is there anything else anyone can tell me?
Goulburn is a long way from Adelaide and I don't want to get there and find out I am the only P4 entered.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any info.
Geoff Grant
Sidecar #30

Jeff
Level 2 Member

New South Wales

32 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  10:16:34 PM  Show Profile Send Jeff a Private Message  

Geoff, Wakefield is a bit like Mallala, so if you like Mallala you will like Wakefield. It is a bit technical and mostly right handers leading on to the important straights. I find the track fun and there are usually a lot of people doing similar lap times.

There are not a lot of P4s running regularly in the PCRA series at the moment, but sidecars of various speeds so you almost always have someone to play with, even if they are a different class. The majority of sidecars are F1 followed by P5s. Goulburn has a lot of accommodation of various types or you can camp at the track.

If you don't want to come all the way for a one day meeting, then there is the PCRA 1 Hour meeting an November, a two day meeting usually with a bigger number of sidecars. There is a 1 hour solo race and a 20 minute sidecar endurance race as well as the usual sprint races.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  11:49:12 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

Thanks Jeff, and thanks to Terry for taking the time to ring me to tell me about Wakefield park. I am thinking that the November meeting sounds like fun (although I am not sure how I carry enough fuel for 20 minutes!!!) and the added features would make it worth the travel. I know that Terry is keen and with his help we might talk a few other southerners into coming up to play. The date is on my calendar.
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  9:52:19 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I like the idea of the endurance race, I have wonderd if we could do one at Broadford. What are the details please?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services