Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Eligibilty Area
 Eligibilty on Motorcycles
 GSXR FORKS FOR PERIOD 5 ??? WHAT DO THEY EMULATE.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Former Member
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  10:48:54 PM  

HI THERE. IM WANTING TO KNOW ABOUT USING 41mm FRONT FORKS ON A P5 GSX1100 RACER. ITS APARENTLY OK TO USE GSXR 41s ONCE THE ANTIDIVE IS REMOVED AND MACHINED OFF. BUT IN THE LOGBOOK QUESTIONAIR, WHEN APPLYING FOR A LOGBOOK, THEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT FORKS YOUR USING AND YOU CANT PUT DOWN GSXR FORKS !!! THEY MUST BE VISUALLY INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM SOME OTHER FORKS THAT WERE USED BEFORE 1980. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT PRE 1980 MAKE AND MODEL BIKE HAD FORKS LOOKING LIKE GSXR ONES ??? SOMEONE THATS RUNNING THEM ON THEIR GSX1100 MUST HAVE WRITTEN SOMETHING IN THERE LOG BOOK APLICATION. PLEASE LET ME KNOW, SO I CAN GET MINE LOG BOOKED AND GET ON THE TRACK TOO.
THANKS, WHITEY.

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  02:26:38 AM  

Gday Whitey,
Maybe Stuart Loly(GSX1100) could help I dont have his number but if you make a call or 3 you may get somewhere.
Anyone have it?
Better still dont bother, rip the donk out and put it in a P5 sidecar there more fun than a solo!!!
Trust me....I know!

I had Peter Clements from Promecha Suspension (VIC) do my forks on my 86 GSXR1100.
He replaced the springs for WP items,blocked off the anti-dive ports and put in a set of Race Tech Gold Valves.
The original external adjusters were left on for looks only and after shaving off nearly 10-12 seconds of my best time at the Island I can say it was the best ever $700 Ive spent.
The rear end was totally shot(according to Pete) but I like a squirmy rear end on a bike so I saved me money there.
Cheers
Neill

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  10:16:13 PM  

HI THERE NEILL, THANKS FOR REPLYING. IVE POSTED THIS QUESTION ON SEVERAL SITES AND YOUR THE ONLY 1 TO ACTUALLY ANSWER. THANK YOU. IVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE ANSWER FROM THE PRESIDENT AND ELIGIBILITY STEWARD OF THE PCA NSW CLUB. A VERY HELPFUL FELLOW NAMED MARCUS. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET IT LOG BOOKED SOON AND BE OUT RACING AND HAVING SOME FUN AGAIN. I HAVENT RACED SINCE I USED TO RIDE MY TD3 250 YAMAHA (1972 MODEL) BUT BEING TOO BIG FOR THAT NOW DAYS (MIDDLE AGE SPREAD) I NEED THE 1100 TO HAUL MY **** ROUND !!! THANKS AGAIN NEILL. WHITEY...
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  03:39:01 AM  

Good choice with the GSX1100,Im running a stock one in my outfit.Although Ive got a warm one I should put together soon for the ol girl as the current "Mr Reliable" is getting on a bit with no work done for a season it apart from plugs and oil.
Im glad you could get the log book crap sorted out it was a pain in the **** getting mine due to wrong address typed.
Cheeers
Neill

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services