Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Southern Classic
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  09:57:26 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

I might bring the family along for a look, how much is the entry fee for spectators?

Every race meet I've been to in the past three years I've been competing - wonder how I'll cope just watching!

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  5:08:21 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  7:21:35 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

ADMISSION CHARGES: Weekend - $25 single, $30 family. Saturday - $10 single, $20 family. Sunday - $15 single, $25 family
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  10:49:02 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  9:59:29 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

Teams started to arrive last night so the build up is well underway.
We spent as much time as we could cutting grass, the growth of which is much more than we have seen in the last ten years.
Please have a very good time at your premier event at Broadford.
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  7:29:17 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

The HCMC of WA's 8 riders (with a containerload of bikes) from the Wild West wish to thank Kelly, Toddy and Marg, Patrick, and all other hard workers who helped to make our weekend at the Southern Classic such a ripper !
A great classic race festival spent sharing the joys of a hard-fought, tightly-contested race weekend with friends old and new.
See you all next year !
Regards GD

Edited by - GD66 on 24 Oct 2010 7:30:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  8:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

Was there computer timing? Are the results online?
Bummers

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  07:15:40 AM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

Sure was, check computime.com.au

Great weekend!!!
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  9:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

ditto to GD's take on the weekend,all good,especially appreciate the flaggies staying out in the artic conditions on sat,bloody ffffreezing wind,(at least the rain stayed away),track stayed dry,pretty good conditions considering the rain that fell early sat morn,lot of winners,& grinners,(moreso of the latter),pretty big feilds,a few new faces,seemed to be a fair few spectators hanging over the fences,lots of campfires up the back pit straight sat nite vouching for numbers!,was a bit of a novelty for me ,having to adjust valve clearances late sat,(usually they don't last long enough),think i've found the optimum spring poundage,big thanks to Keneto (pit bitch),keeping the caffeine levels topped up,Casal del Campbelli for the fine repaste/vinos supplied over the weekend,top effort as usual,congrats too Keith,pretty to watch mate!,in all a top weekend again,with the best that only classic racing can offer,salute,
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  10:34:53 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

We are not sure of crowd numbers yet but II will get it soon.
The Gabber Fest with Bob Rosenthal discussing the pros and cons of the Yamaha TZ 750 was well recieved.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  2:58:21 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Must agree with all of the above. Really good, enthusiastic crowd for both Sat and Sundays racing. With the HMRAV getting through such a massive program the crowd witnessed hard won races flat chat for 2 days. Bloody good value for money I reckon.... if we can only get more there again....
Thanks for your comments Mick and as always it is a pleasure setting up Camp Campbell to get together again with those who venture to the track for APRES Racing.
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  3:02:21 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

P.S. I have not witnessed as many Photographers at the circuit, ever........ they seemed to be at every corner.....any idea when we can witness the fruits of their labour and where?
Go to Top of Page

woolshedjack
Level 1 Member

Victoria

12 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  2:35:32 PM  Show Profile Send woolshedjack a Private Message  

Hi Everyone,
Three of us decided to come down from Beechworth on the Sunday of the Southern Classic to watch the days racing. As a regular volunteer at Winton Historics and also many years ago when the "Classic" was run at Winton I thought it would be good to watch racing at a different circuit. What a pleasant surprise. Firstly I was in awe of the track layout with its ups and downs and wonderful layout. The atmosphere amongst the racers, spectators, and officials was brilliant and it was nice to wander around the pit area between races. Full credit to all the people involved in the running of the meeting, the racers for their efforts, and everyone else for making the day enjoyable. I certainly will visit again at Easter and for the Southern Classic. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2010 :  4:45:11 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

And let me add my compliments to all of those above. Once again it was a fantastic weekend. Congrats to all who helped make it happen and thanks to all the competitors for putting on a great show and some fantastic racing. It just gets better and better. I'll be back!!!!
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2010 :  5:22:32 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Nice one Geoff. May I also add my compliments to your passenger in the Green Meanie outfit, Craig Lawson. He was racing solos with us in the P4 350/P5 250 class on his 250LC Yamaha, and it was great to spot him on the dummy grid giving his fellow combatants a smile, a wink, a nod and a thumbs-up before heading out to do battle, an excellent example of true-blue club race camaraderie, and much-appreciated by his race buddies. Cheers, Craig.
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  08:30:04 AM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by keith campbell

P.S. I have not witnessed as many Photographers at the circuit, ever........ they seemed to be at every corner.....any idea when we can witness the fruits of their labour and where?

Pics now up on Sid Evans' site, scephoto.com
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2010 :  7:26:13 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Forgot to add, the Period 3 classic class was without doubt the star attraction of this year's Southern Classic : often overshadowed by the P3 500s on race day, the Juniors on this occasion produced some of the most visceral, enthralling and entertaining competition I've seen at an historic meeting.
Keith Campbell and Jake Wright (CB77s), Neil May (Molnar Manx), Phil Paton (Bultaco) and Buster Saunders (Barfield Jawa) got stuck into the torrid cut-and-thrust bigtime, with regular lead changes each lap and eye-popping overtaking and outbraking moves having the crowd hurrying to the fences. Hats off, lads !
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2010 :  1:32:56 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Glad to hear you had fun watching GD. Twas bloody good fun to be putting on a part of the show!
Cheers, KC
Go to Top of Page

woolshedjack
Level 1 Member

Victoria

12 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  10:04:22 AM  Show Profile Send woolshedjack a Private Message  

The best racing I have seen for many years. Congrats to all classes and particularly the P3 and sidecar teams. I think a combination of a real riders track and many different makes of bike on track at once makes it so good. As Keith said, it would have been fun to be in the middle of it. Next year, after shoulder surgery!!!

Edited by - woolshedjack on 16 Nov 2010 10:08:25 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services