Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Eligibilty Area
 Eligibilty on Motorcycles
 Rear Shocks
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Former Member
deleted

107 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2003 :  11:59:45 PM  

anyone know about eledgabile shocks for Period5? front forks are covered in the rule book but not shocks.
i have looked at buying some but i'm unsure whats legal. can a P5 shock have external adjustment? i know the piggy back and pre-load is fine but what about compression and rebound knobs? also Ohlins have a hydrolic ride hight adjuster, is this ok? i've seen shocks with hi and low speed adjustments, any ideas ?

Former Member
deleted

27 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2004 :  11:31:24 PM  

Hi Scott, just emailed you regarding my thoughts but here it is again, Scott, I see that the rules need to clear up these grey areas. If what you say is the truth. why should I spend $1000 rebuilding and shortening a pair of period OHLINS when I can buy the technoflex off the shelf, also as we discussed earlier a pair of Ohlins off a xjr1300 or similar can be had for approx $600, would they be legal under this interpretation. Who is deciding what at MA?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2004 :  09:24:56 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Roger I believe the Historic Commission at MA handle eligibility matters.
Seems to me that the eligibilty rules don't have much input from us general public.
Should be worth writing a letter.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services