Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Post Classic Forum
 sl350 cafe racer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Rebsl
Level 1 Member

Queensland

1 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  9:36:42 PM  Show Profile Send Rebsl a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Greetings all My first post on the forum. I hope this post is in the correct area.

I have an SL350 K1 I think (no starter motor). I intend to do a cafe racer project, road registered. I can get onto a complete cb750 front end, but why are the cb500 triples the popular choice. Is there a problem with the 750 triples ?

Also, is there a twin disc front end that will work without a major reengineer. Thanks

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  8:07:12 PM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Hi Rebel
I think perhaps you mean CB750 4 cylinder? Kawasaki made triple 2-strokes. A SL350 would be adequately stopped by a single disc, even at racing speeds. The CB750 front end you can get hold of, grab it.
Racer7
Go to Top of Page

jvdairlie
Level 2 Member

Queensland

48 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile Send jvdairlie a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

O think he means TRIPLE CLAMP racer7 - Not triple cylinder!!
Go to Top of Page

jvdairlie
Level 2 Member

Queensland

48 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2011 :  12:34:38 PM  Show Profile Send jvdairlie a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I have an SL350 K1 I think (no starter motor). I intend to do a cafe racer project, road registered. I can get onto a complete cb750 front end, but why are the cb500 triples the popular choice. Is there a problem with the 750 triples ?

You may find you'll have issues with the steering stop (fixable though) when fitting both the 500 or 750 bottom clamp and stem to the 350 steering head.

It's possible to use twin disc setup using 500/700 mounts and calipers. I have just done it.

Edited by - jvdairlie on 03 Feb 2011 12:51:12 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services