Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Eligibilty Area
 Eligibilty on Race Tracks
 6 years and counting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  10:01:26 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Celebrating 6 years to the day since this topic was created without any posts since.

So does that mean all is well with eligibility on race tracks??

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  09:29:30 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

And another year! Didn't that go quickly??
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  09:36:11 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I guess it is self evident.
The tracks that are not eligible are no longer used.
I would love to see Calder in use again but I fear it is not going to happen.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  1:07:31 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

What are the issues with Calder? Any news on the possible track at Avalon?
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  2:29:46 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

The main issue with Calder is that the drag cars have soaked the track with their tyre lubricant (which I think is kero based) from Gloweave onwards for about 100 metres of the front straight. With the slightest bit of rain it becomes a skating rink, far too dangerous for bikes and decidedly hazardous for cars.
Bob did have plans for creating a new front straight running parallel to the existing straight but I fear that the cost of domestic bliss coupled with Rodney's concern for his father's well being curtailed the plan.

Avalon is. as far as I know, still an option, but is dependent on financial contributions to get it happening.
This is unlikely to occur unless Albert Park gets scrapped as a venue for F1.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

peen0_0
Level 3 Member

Victoria

224 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2011 :  5:16:37 PM  Show Profile Send peen0_0 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I heard recently that Calder has CAMS approval again (????). What about Sandown, or Haunted Hills/Bryant Park in Gippsland?
Cheers, Tony.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services