Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Racing Health Issues
 Falling glass
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  10:48:27 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Falling glass problem

On Friday evening I was moving a 1.8M x 1.2M sheet of glass in my framing business.
Something happeed and it split and dropped on to my left foot, up near my leg. I wondered if I had lost a foot for a moment.
Luckily I wear elastic sided boots so the leather was up high, but within an hour or so I was in trouble.

I could not put any weight on it and decided to go home at 8.30 pm.
I hopped to my car 300M away, manged to drive somehow and crawled inside home.

Now, are two things I have discovered from racing motorcycles;
- Brake as late as you can
- Keep a bag of frozen peas at hand.

I climbed into bed with a pillow under my foot and had the frozen pease, big bag, strapped to the foot.
2 hrs later I removed it.
In the morning there was no sign of bruising, my foot could be stood on and whilst it would stop me from kick starting a bike I could walk again.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  9:30:48 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Huge marketing chance here John - was the pea brand McCains or Birds Eye.
If the glass was Pilkington's then ask for a replacement sheet!
Good to hear that all was well in the morning.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services