Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 HSB Historic Superbikes
 Should I close www.historicsuperbikes.com.au?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Superscript Subscript Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
David Posted - 01 Oct 2011 : 3:18:00 PM
Since there is hardly any body using the site at http://www.historicsuperbikes.com.au given the last 10 users to visit the site are:

David
Pinchy
jap
Allan
acotrel
sbutler
bart53
jdaley
petez1
skiracer96
Last Visit
01 Oct 2011
21 Sep 2011
09 Aug 2011
30 Jul 2011
01 Apr 2011
04 Jan 2011
23 Dec 2010
21 Aug 2010
19 Dec 2009
12 Dec 2009

Should I close the site at: http://www.historicsuperbikes.com.au and point the site to this one?

I will give the voting until the end of October 2011 before closing and the most votes win.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OldKwak Posted - 18 Nov 2011 : 07:22:11 AM
Please go Allan and leave us alone
conker Posted - 18 Nov 2011 : 04:47:57 AM
http://youtu.be/DCOMcW--McU
conker Posted - 18 Nov 2011 : 04:15:15 AM
There must be a jazz festival on SOMEWHERE on the Australia day weekend ? Perhaps the Tamworth country music festival might be on ? I could wear my leathers and go as a gay cowboy.
conker Posted - 18 Nov 2011 : 04:09:31 AM
Jason, This really cheered me up - love the music, made me really enthusiastic !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8NDf6jwKY0&feature=related
conker Posted - 18 Nov 2011 : 03:45:32 AM
Jason this is what 'period 6' looked like in reality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU8I95R_X4U
conker Posted - 18 Nov 2011 : 03:36:21 AM
Jason, I live about 350 Km from the island. Up until two years ago, I used to drive down, and stay near Mornington, and go to the meeting with an old mate of mine who's raced for yonks. But each year I've seen the same procession of superbikes leading a field along with one or two fast two strokes, followed by a lot of old stuff. And it's been in alnost every race. Over the years I've seen real racing which has been excellent - this historic stuff is not ! It is worse than the worst C grade racing of the 60s and 70s. I cannot be bothered making the effort to get there , only to see the same stuff year after year. Period 6 has potential, but we'll still see all capacities, and types in together. When they start running feature races, I might become interested again - never likely to happen.
JasonL Posted - 16 Nov 2011 : 11:24:56 AM
Alan are you going to attend the Island Classic? P6 will be there.
conker Posted - 16 Nov 2011 : 02:44:51 AM
It wouldn't be too difficult to create an historic superbike class with two divisions - A grade, and B grade.
The quickies could be bumped up into A grade, and the slowies downgraded to B
grade. Forget about periods !
JasonL Posted - 15 Nov 2011 : 8:07:52 PM

I found it a lot interesting. Couple of shots of the Rainey / Shubert VFR750 of particular interest to me of course. A good montage of AMA and 6hr shots, great pics of Spencer etc
conker Posted - 15 Nov 2011 : 04:05:42 AM
I found this a bit interesting :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVNUOGD3fI&feature=related
conker Posted - 15 Nov 2011 : 03:50:54 AM
This is what the Historic Superbikes site should be about :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnvb4G4X7I
conker Posted - 15 Nov 2011 : 03:42:46 AM
It seems to me that the historic super bikes site would be a great forum for the period 6 guys. However if you look at the Australian Road Race forum, you'll see that they are active there, and even post photos of their machines, by attaching the image link to their comments. How about enabling HTML on your site ? At present the service is inferior - Nobody can illustrate what the concept is about!
Jason accesses this site on occasion, perhaps he should be asked the question about the superbike site's survival? - it's obvious that the site was intended to promote formation of a special interest group.
Glenn Doosey's CB350 Honda is not exactly an historic superbike !
David Posted - 13 Nov 2011 : 7:59:06 PM
Not enough support of the site of http://www.historicsuperbikes.com.au so have redirected it back to this site.

I gave more than a month to pick up, an no change from the last list apart from me going to the site again (but no one else). Shameful really.
conker Posted - 23 Oct 2011 : 08:53:34 AM
Save your sarcasm ! It's not rocket science to run a few more feature races ?
GD66 Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 11:07:22 PM
I give up.
conker Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 2:35:42 PM
There should be separate races for the following types of bikes, with capacity classes:
Superbikes
GP bikes
Thunderbikes
OldKwak Posted - 21 Oct 2011 : 07:25:10 AM
Or for that matter the H2R in the races I was in
OldKwak Posted - 21 Oct 2011 : 07:22:55 AM
first time I have seen a TZ750 referred to as a four stroke
conker Posted - 20 Oct 2011 : 08:45:55 AM
@Glenn
'The nominations for P5 Unlimited at this year's Island Classic numbered 74 !'

And they were all four cylinder four stroke superbikes over 500cc ? You must have been watching different races to me !
conker Posted - 20 Oct 2011 : 08:36:14 AM
This site is also a bundle of fun ? Perhaps the tart comments are a turn-off ?
David Posted - 16 Oct 2011 : 10:07:10 AM
If you look at the below table, not much has changed apart from Alan (acotrel) visiting the site and posting 3 messages, which 1 has a link to another site, another has this "Is the cup half full or half empty ?". Not looking good if people want to keep that site opened.

David
acotrel
Pinchy
jap
Allan
sbutler
bart53
jdaley
petez1
skiracer96
Last Visit

16 Oct 2011
08 Oct 2011
21 Sep 2011
09 Aug 2011
30 Jul 2011
04 Jan 2011
23 Dec 2010
21 Aug 2010
19 Dec 2009
12 Dec 2009

I just personally do not see much point in maintaining a site that hardly anyone is using. If it was being used, I would not even be asking this question and the site has been up and running since May 2007, so how long do we persist with it????
GD66 Posted - 07 Oct 2011 : 9:12:37 PM
You really have to get along to a meeting some time Alan. The nominations for P5 Unlimited at this year's Island Classic numbered 74 !
Qualifying heats were run for even-numbered and odd-numbered bikes, then split into two fields, the faster 37 and the slower 37.
No need for lightning, or metho-gobbling P4s...
conker Posted - 06 Oct 2011 : 07:56:51 AM
David, the blurb on the front of the Historic Superbikes site expresses an unrealistic expectation. It seems intended to exclude machines rather than include. I appreciate that some people don't like 'hot rods' in historic racing, but the truth is that most historic bikes fit that description even though they are log booked. We should build our classes on the bikes we already have. With Period 6 coming along we'll have a need for classes to include them. I suggest that the Forgotten Era International Challenge wouldn't be struck by lightning, if it included alcohol fuelled Period 4 superbikes along with bikes of Period 5 and Period 6 ! We might even get two heats with full grids !
JasonL Posted - 03 Oct 2011 : 09:21:02 AM

For once I agree with Alan!!
conker Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 06:26:59 AM
I would have thought that with the Forgotten Era International Challenge becoming the premier event in historic racing, that the historic superbikes concept would gain interest? The race at Phillip Island attracts the Poms each year, and with Robbie involved looks like getting bigger than Ben Hur. They even get decent spectator crowds through the gate, each Australia Day weekend. I havent linked to your superbike site on my 'intro to classic racing site' at www.classic-motorcycle-racing.com , because I had forgotten about it. We now have Period 6 coming along, and the superbike site should become more relevent.
I believe that it became disused in the first place due to the ideas proposed for the racing class. A concept was put forward which didn't bring in many of the existing bikes, but proposed some vague idea about what really existed in the 70s - it was unrealistic.
If you persist with the site, would you allow html to be used, so we can post photos, and embed videos onto the forum ?

Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services