Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Interstate Challenge
 Yearly Travel Allowance
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

steve
Level 2 Member

Queensland

86 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  9:36:10 PM  Show Profile Send steve a Private Message  

Hi All
A couple of years ago we were told to fill in these forms from MA/MAQ?? If I remember right we recieved about $25 to attend a interstate title/s (Yer that would cover heaps) that was all that was left because some people (2) allready recieved 75% of the money!! so $25 & think your lucky, someone mentioned a figure of $2,000/3000 it could of been for Australian's traveling overseas to race??, My question -: Do they still provide any fianancial assistants.
Where do you apply for it??
What if any does it apply too ??
or is just for the chosen few as it was a few years ago!!
I know here in Qld we offered free entries for 20 odd people from people coming from over 800klms 900klms to lower the financial burden travelling interstate for a Historic Meeting, & we tried to get discounts for accomadation!! it seems to be lacking in over States it just may attract more interstate riders & help out in the hip pocket department. I know all I got for a interstate meeting recently from the promotor, was stuff all!! a free program I think, no final instructions, sweat stuff all, couldn't even buy a t-shirt for the meeting.
I think this could be a issue for the promoters/club trying to get some more people back to the grids, what do other people think??
Steve

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  3:37:42 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

HMRAv has offerred assistance to interstate riders recently with small allowances for distance travelled, 430 if 500kms travelled and $100 if 1000kms travelled to attend, we adopted it as a method of providing some help.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services