Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 SPAMMERS - Change to e-mail and PM to members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  10:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Hello All,

Given the increase of SPAMMERS again, all members will need to post at least 10 legitimate posts on this site to be able to send an e-mail or a Private Message to other users of the site. There will be no exception to the rule and will not be changed.

I am tired of the complaints from members that are receiving the SPAM and feel it is the only fair action that this site can take to stop non-legitiment users from sending SPAM from this site.

So my suggestion to users that do not have the 10 posts, is to post.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

Stuarts
Level 1 Member

Queensland

10 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2008 :  10:02:32 AM  Show Profile Send Stuarts a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Here I am Stuarts ~ low profile..

Thanks to the site I got a nice off to deposit $6.5 million in my bank account!!

I of course snapped this offer from the Ivvory Coast !!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NOT!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2008 :  1:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Anyone that does take up any type of offer from the Ivory Coast needs to have their head read anyways.. They can give me the 6.5 million for nothing but.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Stuarts
Level 1 Member

Queensland

10 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2008 :  5:52:19 PM  Show Profile Send Stuarts a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I watched a doco on pay TV some time back and I am embarrassed to say that World wide on a ratio of populous ~ the worst or most gullible country in the world is ~ (Yep!) Australia ~

The AVERAGE $$$ lost from Australia~ $22K !!!!

Either "we' are just naturally big gamblers ~ or there are JUST too many ********s with too much money !!!

Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2008 :  06:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

test

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2008 :  07:48:03 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Personally I find it quite entertaining to see what the latest version of the locked away wealth will be. I also find it sad that some people seem to fall for these stories.
I had one claiming that I had won a U.K. lottery but to release the funds I had to send $1,700 to pay for bank fees.
Nice try but I started fishing when I was about 4 years old. They'll have to do better to catch me.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

towneyp
Level 1 Member

2 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  10:02:08 AM  Show Profile Send towneyp a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Still gets me that with the wide publicity for these scams, people still fall for them???
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2010 :  09:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

This again was justified by the minimum amount of posts required before sending a Private Message to others as a SPAMMER from the Ivory Coast registered this morning and attempted to send all users a Private Message to help out with the millions he has and needs to send it to an account which was blocked.

If you are in need of sending a Private Message before the minimum posts have been reached, please send me a Private Message (which I will get the knock back) and I will make a judgement call to verify that it is valid.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  9:45:32 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Thanks for being vigil David

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2010 :  12:32:41 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Yes, well done David. Thanks for looking after us. Let me take this opportunity to say that all the work you do on this site is appreciated - we are just not very good at telling you.
Have a fantastic Christmas David.
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

chrisdespo
Level 1 Member

Queensland

2 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile Send chrisdespo a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

What i haven't won the lottery.!!! ithought spam was what us old riders had for christmas dinner, cause of all the money spent on our bikes.
hey great work to slow these dills down

ChrisDespo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services