Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Eligibilty Area
 Eligibilty on Motorcycles
 M.A. Minutes of meeting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  2:33:19 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

Period bikes, period fonts...
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  7:04:58 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Makes a lot of sense. However, I'm afraid I struggle to see the logic in banning engineering eye-openers like the 4 valve Urquhart Indian though. Russell Craddock charged round Broadford making a lot of new fans last weekend. OK, it's technically not Class C, but I feel we could make a slot for weapons like this to keep the backroom wizardry alive and ticking...
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2010 :  4:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

BR1328 Number Plates
OM It is recommended that the Board
finalise fonts for Race Numbers.
The Board approved that numbers can be of
any font style. However, the onus for legibility
rests with the entrant/competitor

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2010 :  08:08:54 AM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

HRR 498 : The Commission recommends that various "older" font types be allowed for HR Racing.
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2010 :  2:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

GD, Do you (or anyone else) know if Symmons Plains been ratified as next years Champs meeting?

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2010 :  7:31:27 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

My understanding is that it is, Symmons Plains on November 19th and 20th, 2011. But I'd be waiting for official confirmation from MA, as there's already been one date change.
No doubt our club will be represented as always, but after Mal Campbell's dismal effort for our nats in 2008, I'd never go there. He lobbed at a specially-convened meeting of competitors at the controversial Winton historic nats in...well, who cares, anyway he bled all over us about how the future of the club in Tassie depended on all of us turning out to make their nats a success, how a failed meeting would see them collapse etc. In response, we sent a containerload of bikes from WA, and a couple of vans as well.
When we asked about him turning out at Wanneroo for the 2008 nats, he couldn't have been less interested, and wouldn't leave home without a plane ticket. When balanced against the efforts of all the other riders who cheerfully clubbed together to make it to Perth from all over Aussie (including Tasmania ), I found that pretty damn ordinary.

Edit : No need to add, this viewpoint is personal only, and doesn't reflect the viewpoint of the HCMC of WA, who cheerfully travel anywhere the nats are held, and a few more meetings in the east each year as well...

Edited by - GD66 on 30 Oct 2010 12:17:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  10:10:56 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

GD, just out of interest, did anyone from HCMC make a submission to the MA HRR on P6 (your R20?)
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  10:28:33 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Yes, two gents I believe.

Period 6 is NOT our Rule 20 though, it just resembles it at the moment. To clarify it, we have run Rule 20 for bikes that are 20 years old as a sort of intro or feeder class, and it's been quite successful over the years. Next year the cutoff date would have been 1991 etc, but I think Period 6 will see us right for a few years now. When you think of alll the stuff that must be tucked away, it's quite exciting.

Edited by - GD66 on 30 Oct 2010 10:36:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services