Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Pre War and Classic Section
 bill bell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

keith roberts
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  11:21:32 AM  Show Profile Send keith roberts a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

sad news from leigh corbett advising of the passing of bill bell, a long-time builder, sponsor and avid supporter of P3 racing.bill had been a racer in the period in uk & ireland and was a strong advocate for the change to the p3 brake rule to encourage an increase in number of riders in the class.i shall miss his (long) phone calls, his enthusiasm and the "tall tales & true" of his involvement in the racing i watched in my youth in the uk. my sympathy lies with his wife, family and host of friends.
keith roberts

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  11:45:01 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Thats sad Keith, you can read about these riders and not know their full history

Edited by - Patrick on 12 Jan 2013 11:47:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  06:03:17 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

'strong advocate for the change to the p3 brake rule to encourage an increase in number of riders in the class.'

Sorry to see him pass away. Sounds like he had some brains. Surely it wouldn't be too controversial to allow the use of a single disc on the front of P3 bikes ? P3 500s are the premier class in historic racing, and the easy way to get into historic racing with a competitive bike. The requirement for the drum front brake is an expensive and dangerous disincentive.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

Edited by - acotrel on 13 Jan 2013 06:07:15 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services