Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Historic Wish list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Just pretend an opportunity arose whereby you could have a change made to the Historics section.

Please write it down, clearly with sentances and paragraghs so its clear, and lets see what we get.
For a start;
P4 triple cylinder class in solos and sidecars

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

conker
Really - acotrel - Now banned

Victoria

361 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  07:16:01 AM  Show Profile Send conker a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Cross period classes for logbooked air cooled four stroke singles, twins and triples.
It would mean that in the senior class we'd get all the P3 good stuff and a few extras such as the Seeley G50, anbd the SR500s,
IN the unlimited class we'd get Rob North Triplews running against Nortons Vincents and Triumphs with a few later ducati twins.

In the junior class we'd get P3 350s running against BSA B40s, and Ducatis.

I believe it would be lovely stuff, and we could do the sane sort of thing with the GP bikes, and the superbikes. It would mean the same TYPES of bike would run together, which is what happened in 'history' ! The date of manufacture was always irrelevant.
Go to Top of Page

conker
Really - acotrel - Now banned

Victoria

361 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  07:29:07 AM  Show Profile Send conker a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

John
I don't believe a P4 triple class would work. There are very few tridents and rocket 3s around, and they are expensive to race. Doug Gorries was a beautiful bike, but it hasn't reappeared for years. There was one which came to Winton from Sydney a while back. I spoke to the son of the guy who built it. It was on 14 to one compression, was 1000cc capacity, centreplugged etc. The kid showed me the spare motor. The back of the crankcases had been pulled out and rewelded. The whole shebang must have cost a bomb. And it didn't prove anything anyway.
If youcan get me on the grid with Gorries Rob North Rocket 3, a heap of old nortons and triumphs, and a few P5 ducatis, I would love it !
Go to Top of Page

d3goldnews
Level 1 Member

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2013 :  12:38:11 PM  Show Profile Send d3goldnews a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Useful information shared..Iam very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice information.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services