Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Thunderbikes @ Southern Classic 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  3:58:37 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I've been told that the thunderbikes will be permitted to run in Period 3 Unlimited. Is this correct ? If so I will have to start taking a bit more interest, especially if the ducatis are going to be on the grid too.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  08:33:05 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

If we fail to get the message out there will not be any new bikes, Ducatis or anything else.
So, if you know anyone who might like a ride, please pass the word on.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  09:24:27 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

If it is about to happen, it would be worth letting Scotty Brown's BEARs mates know about it soon, especially if logbooks are required. Also the guys at Ozlaverda might like it too. While the innovation is indefinite, we cannot do much to get the word around.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  06:56:53 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Depending on the numbers involved, Thunder bikes will race within the P3 unlimited event.
I cant tell you how many machines are entered.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  04:36:26 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Running period 4 thunderbikes with period 3 unlimited is a very good start. It would be better if you could also get the period 5 ducatis onto the same grid. There is no sense in being paranoid, a good guy on a Norvin should be able to beat them. As far as entries are concerned, the guys who own logbooked commandos and unit triumphs won't be aware of the new opportunity to have a good competitive ride, unless they are told. You guys have the old entry lists and programmes. Perhaps one of you should get on the phone and do a ring around? Or send a few emails. Start with the Larges, Chris Grubb and Doug Gorrie. Also Peter Smith.
I will at least come and have a look, and if it looks worthwhile, I might get my bike logbooked for next time, as long as you intend to make a habit of running this class. Has that been decided, or is this a 'suck it and see'?

Edited by - acotrel on 05 Oct 2012 04:49:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services