Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Historic Motorcycle Association of Victoria
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2022 :  05:22:29 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Does HMRAV still even exist ? I wonder how John Daley and Dave Large are going these days. Their cr@p was the reason Dave White gave the 2003 Historic Championships to Mick Ronke at Winton. It resulted in the Benalla CAr club People getting abused.
I was at Winton Raceway yesterday. This year there are only two events which involve motorcycles. There is a Preston Motorcycle Club event on the 13th to 15th of May, and the Austin Seven Car Club historic meeting at the end of May.
There are no motorcycle practice days scheduled except for the 13th of May.
Before Mich Ronke died, to the car club guys, he was the best guy on the planet, - now he is the worst b@stard.
While Mick was alive, the Friday practice sessions were for both cars and bikes - run in alternate sessions.
BUT YOU CANNOT GO TO WINTON AND ABUSE THE CAR CLUB MEMBERS.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2022 :  05:25:05 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

After Mount Gambier, Winton is the best motorcycle road race circuit in Australia.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2022 :  05:31:07 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I started thw Winton Motorcycle Club when I first came to Benalla. The kids built their own MX circuit. When the track was being certified, the MV person came from a club in Albury. He told one of the kidsc who built the MX circuit 'I would prefer theis club did not exist. That guy is now running the Broadford race circuit. He is a far king idiot.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2022 :  07:17:15 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

The guys who started historic racing in Victoria in 1973 were Derek Picard and Peter Lord from the Velocette Owners Club. Neither of them had ever road raced. When Picard tried racing, he fell and broke his arm and never tried again. THe theory was that historic racing would preserve the old racing bikes. It led to most of the old bikes being destroyed by idiots.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2022 :  06:52:50 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I would not have thought Allan Greening's death would kill historic racing.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2022 :  05:20:11 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Where is the HMRAV forum ? - You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services