Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Remember When
 Previous Victorian Roadrace Champions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  12:18:01 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

The roadrace committee of Motorcycling Victoria is trying to put together the history of previous Victorian State Roadracing Championship winners with a view to erecting a commemorative wall. Any information would be a great help. If you won or finished on the podium we would love to hear from you. What we need to know is your name, the position you finished in, the year, the class, make of bike and your club. Brains in gear please. Information can be sent to Roadrace Committee, Motorcycling Victoria P.O. Box 414, Clifton Hill 3068 Thanks in advance, we look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  6:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

Can't we just post it here?
I've dug up a couple of ribbons for 1983 Vic Champs at Winton - I was 1st in the 250 class on REVS' TZ250 Yamaha (I'm sure Billy Sayers was 2nd). I was 3rd in the 350 on the same bike (Billy beat me in that but I can't remember whether he was 1st or 2nd; I think 2nd but if so who won?).

Bernie "Bummers" Summers. #48

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  8:33:06 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

Hi John, and a welcome - you are among friends here.
I am surprised that you have to ask such a question.
Is the information on State Champions not recorded and stored somewhere?
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  11:37:17 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Hi people, Bernie, thanks for that information, it is helpful and yes, I suppose it could be posted on this forum. It just means that I have to do the work and I thought I had retired. Retired? I truly don't know how I ever found time to work. Patrick, are you who I think you are? Yes, hopefully all or some of the information is lurking somewhere in Clifton Hill but it has not yet surfaced. Peter Wright is looking for it. Even if it is, it would be good to have back up information and thinking is a good way to stave off Oldtimers. I look forward to more information. Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2007 :  3:53:46 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Here I am again people. I received some information from Maurie Quincey today but there seems to be some confusion as to what actually constituted the Victorian Championship in the past. Does anyone remember? Was it a single event as in Victorian GP or Victorian TT or were there more events to the championship? Also, does anyone know when racing resumed after WW2? I need help! Thanks, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

karl vorderwinkler
Level 1 Member

Queensland

3 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  12:18:48 PM  Show Profile Send karl vorderwinkler a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by john feakes

Here I am again people. I received some information from Maurie Quincey today but there seems to be some confusion as to what actually constituted the Victorian Championship in the past. Does anyone remember? Was it a single event as in Victorian GP or Victorian TT or were there more events to the championship? Also, does anyone know when racing resumed after WW2? I need help! Thanks, John

Go to Top of Page

karl vorderwinkler
Level 1 Member

Queensland

3 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  12:33:19 PM  Show Profile Send karl vorderwinkler a Private Message  

Gday, My Father Reinhard Vorderwinkler was an active racer in the 60s, in vic,sa,nsw. i have been blessed inheriting a journal like photo album. he clearly states such events as vic gp 1961phillip island,calder 1962 tt,vic gp winton 1963,all in he competed.hope this helps, this photo album is like stepping back in time, regards.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services