Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Aussie Historic Titles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

siral
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

10 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2009 :  7:03:21 PM  Show Profile Send siral a Private Message  

O'Kay now that we're all here who's coming to Warwick Qld
September 4th 5th & 6th
Morgan Park Warwick QLD
I'm taking the P5 125 ( your'e gunna need more than a new front end Forksy)as well as the P5 250 lc (just for fun)
I got my entry form from the MA site,I think its also on the Preston site.
Lets post here if we need to pool resources from the south.Al Iv'e got plenty of spares for the RS's. We'll heep those Morby's & Kwakasaki's at bay
Regards Sir Al

siral
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

10 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  08:32:13 AM  Show Profile Send siral a Private Message  

Supp regs are available on You must be logged in to see this link.
Early bird entries available now
See ya there
Regards Sir Al
Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  1:02:47 PM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Yes you are right Al the champs are not far away but the they do not seemed very organised,i do not know anybody who has recieved entrys in the mail why???? yes the regs are on some web sites and you can enter over the internet on there website but a bit more publicity would be a good idea if they want to gwt a good entry,,get organised u guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
I think Ma should stire them up
Yes i will be going p5 125 morbidelli and p3 250 Montesa..AL you had better watch out i have just put a big front brake in the Moby,,,, front end stoppys no problem now so watch out i am on a charge!!!!!!!
Any one else on this boared heading up for the Champs??/

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  7:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I have offered on a number of occassions to advertise on the front page of this site for all major events to to with Historic/Classic and Post Classic for free to get some more exposure for the event.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  10:12:52 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Yes they probably moan that nobody entered after the event,they have only themselves to blame,,,advertise ,advertise,they never learn,i went to W,A, last year they had a very good entry considering the travel involved beacuase they promoted the eveny very well!!!!!!!

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  2:27:18 PM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

Fair go you blokes compalining. Have you sent them your contact details so they can wite?
I would think intoday market place clubs would be better to use email and web sites, because a set of regs printed and posted would cost about $2 each and I remember wehn we sent out 500 copies and had 235 entries.
Plus 500 envelopoes take a long time to stuff, stamp and get to a post box.
An email sysytem takes about 1 hour to set up if you have nothing and takes about 1 inutes to write, attach the document and press send.
Its not the $2 x 500 that is the issue, but finding the VOLUNTERRS TIME to do the envelope stuffing.

So please think about it differently.
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  6:35:27 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by revhd

Yes they probably moan that nobody entered after the event,they have only themselves to blame,,,advertise ,advertise,they never learn,i went to W,A, last year they had a very good entry considering the travel involved beacuase they promoted the eveny very well!!!!!!!

Thanks Peter, don't tell Ken Wootton though, he savaged us mercilessly in the Horror because we didn't promote it !!
As one of last year's envelope stuffers,I can confirm that it is a big job, but not unpleasant. We found the web entry system to be good, however one problem that arose in sending out entry forms in the mail, was the MA-supplied list of historic competitors has a serious shortcoming, in that many of the riders who raced in support events at the GP and World Supers hold a National Open licence and race historics, so received no entries. Luckily Rex Wolfenden and Albert Tehennepe got in touch and were able to help Vic entrants out by distributing forms we sent on request. If you're in any doubt, or struggle with email entries, why not just contact the organising club direct, and make sure ? AND.... fill out your entry forms in full and sign them where necessary... this will help the increasingly-frazzled organisers immensely....
Go to Top of Page

rol
Level 2 Member

Victoria

22 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  9:30:34 PM  Show Profile Send rol a Private Message  

We are refurbishing both CBX's to take to Warwick.
As with last years titles in Perth, we have organised a truck to transport up some bikes.
The truck is heading up from Victoria. There are still some spots available for bikes and gear, but get in quick.
Contact me for further information and bookings. Cost $400 for bike / spares and gear.
Rol 0409 973 711

Rol.
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2009 :  8:19:18 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Well, it's been DEATHLY quiet on the forum in the leadup to the nats, but after a degree of initial scepticism, they've ended up with a pretty reasonable entry up there. Let's hope that one of our forum members who have made the trek can keep us informed over the weekend about what's happening.
There's no mention on the QEMSC club website about live timing, so here's hoping...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services