Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Historic - Classic, Post Classic & F/Era Sidecars
 Sidecar Comments
 Rollers for P5 sidecar
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Ang
Level 1 Member

Victoria

17 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2009 :  7:11:11 PM  Show Profile Send Ang a Private Message  

Hi everyone, I'm looking into starter rollers for a P5 sidecar,Who makes them who sells them or whats the best set up to make your own? If anyone can answer my questions I would be very grateful

Thanks from the current human starter motor.

peen0_0
Level 3 Member

Victoria

224 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2009 :  9:14:13 PM  Show Profile Send peen0_0 a Private Message  

Ang, we are currently constructing a roller starter for the new bike, P4 outfit. I've aquired some 80mm conveyor rollers with inbuilt bearings, and will drive one of these with a 12volt Bosch car starter motor, Bendix removed, the other will be an idler. I'm using the stater cog from a CB750 motor, i.e. the smaller cog next to the bike starter and the larger cog from the end of the crank. I'll be mounting all this in a frame to sit under the back wheel. We'll also need a small ramp for the chair wheel to keep things aligned. I understand that there is a guy in Geelong manufacturing the starters using 9" angle grinder motors for the motive power. Not sure who he is, but recall that this topic was covered in the last 12 months on this site (check under the general heading, I think?). John Clancy has just purchased one form this guy. I'll see if I can get his contact details if you like?
Good luck, Tony. (Buck & Peen, The Pink Pig #20)
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2009 :  08:18:13 AM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

Bruce kinnersley
Go to Top of Page

Jeff
Level 2 Member

New South Wales

32 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  3:22:20 PM  Show Profile Send Jeff a Private Message  

I have a set of car type rollers I want to sell if this is the type you are after.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Sturgis
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

5 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2009 :  6:37:13 PM  Show Profile Send Sturgis a Private Message  

Ang.
I make starter rollers for solo's (speedway & circuit)
I see that you are based in VIC.
I am in Sydney near Eastern Creek.
If somebody was willing to loan me an outfit for a week or two, I am sure I can adapt a solo set for sidecar use.
Alternately, I have a mate in Frankston that I could send a set to and he might adapt it for you.
Hope I can help...if not, best of luck

Sturgis
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2009 :  10:48:06 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Jeff, car style roller starters are banned at Broadford because people have been injured with them lately

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Jeff
Level 2 Member

New South Wales

32 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  11:27:30 PM  Show Profile Send Jeff a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by john

Jeff, car style roller starters are banned at Broadford because people have been injured with them lately

Lets hope people don't get hurt racing bikes at Broadford.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  10:23:03 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Good point Jeff, but we had a period when people forgot how to use the car driven rollers.
We had someone use a van with an LSD causing the van to lurch sidewasy into a shed, we had a few bikes get launched when the riders touched the back brakes and then we had a foot shredded when somebody with thongs on stepped on to the rollers, in front of an ambulance bloke.
Since e try and run a dick head free zone we had no choice.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Ang
Level 1 Member

Victoria

17 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2009 :  10:34:44 PM  Show Profile Send Ang a Private Message  

Thanks for the offer Jeff but I am able now to access a set of car rollers.
And John please allow me to answer the questions that people ask me, I dont recall saying I needed these for track use.
Ang
Go to Top of Page

Ang
Level 1 Member

Victoria

17 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2009 :  10:41:52 PM  Show Profile Send Ang a Private Message  

Jeff Brown can you contact Ang on atho9972@hotmail.com please.
Go to Top of Page

Sturgis
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

5 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2009 :  09:40:59 AM  Show Profile Send Sturgis a Private Message  

Here's a link to a site for starter rollers.

You must be logged in to see this link.

May help a few

Sturgis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services