Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Southern Classic 2009
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2009 :  4:27:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Thanks to all who contributed to the great weekend.
There are a few things we want to consider for the next racing at Broadford.
This is my summary to the committee and comments are welcome here.These commenst are a personal reflection.

"125 Class The 125 Riders met with me and announced they are happy to race with the Vintage, Class C and Classic 250’s, and they were happy to take on the responsibility of self promotion. The Class C’s asked also if they could race with the 125’s. I recommend we revert to that idea.
MARSHALLS PARKING As part of my personal efforts to reduce cars in the pits I suggest we get marshals to park in the catering parking, Patrick is happy with this. This could be promoted by all clubs and thus the marshals would be aware of the scheme generally. Were catering tickets handed out.
PITS PARKING The absence of cars on the top road was fantastic and perhaps other clubs need to consider the safety aspects of the idea. Patrick has suggested too many hangers on and not competitors were parked all weekend in the pits. Also we have to reconsider implementing the concept that trailers be parked over in the designated area and maybe a caravan parking area as well, power could come from the school room for them. We should detail this in our acceptance letter again. We need to try and find parking bandits to deal with parking etc from Friday to Sunday lunch time. Perhaps another club could help for a small donation. Maybe we can mark out lanes as well temporarily. We also need to ensure the gate keepers are in place on time.
GATE ENTRY LANES I have discussed with Patrick the idea of changes at the entry areas. I recommend we create 3 lanes with bigger signage. This is not much different from what other circuits have in place. One lane Pit entry rhs, one lane general entry, middle and then the outgoing traffic on the LHSide. Patrick has plans to alter the gates for pit entry, but that will be a while. The lanes can be separated by plastic chains and posts which I could supply, the posts being made from steel car rims with steel posts and welded hooks. I may be able to get a line marking tool.
GATE KEEPERS We had a lot of people bypass the gate by going up the centre of the circuits.
For this reason I believe the gate keepers must go back to the complex gate entry, I know they argue differently but I think their reasoning is fallacious. Maybe a chain can go across the rear entry road as well. We could pay for it!!!
MEMBERS HELP LIST We have talked about accepting offers of help from members. I could draft a list of tasks need to be done on Sunday, ie remove pit shed signs, dismantle advertising banners, etc publish this list on the web site and in the acceptance letter we ask for people to nominate what they can spend 5- 10 minutes doing for the club.
The list could also be promoted in the race office.
PROGRAM I cannot remember if we mention the events we run all year, maybe we can publish some maps of great rides to the track also along with Sat. evening meal booking etc.
PROMOTION Maybe on our poster we should consider an over lay of the ride through the hills to the track. The rally seems to be gaining popularity.
CAMPING There were a few issues in the camping. Friday drop-ins who stay all weekend. Late music,
Friday drop-ins who leave caravans in the pits. Fires during the day.
GRIDS I think we need to install progressive grids with provisos, so we don’t get people who have missed practice being left at the back of the grid all weekend and weaving through the grid at the start. Arguments that riders will get upset by having to move back are not valid, they prefer to have it safer. Regriding takes a single push of the button on a computer.
BIKE PARKING / CAMPING AREA The post that can pulled up so cars can creep / sleaze their way into the camping area needs repair along with the pedestrian gate near the canteen that needs a star picket to keep it open a small amount.
BAND ETC Discussion prevailed about shifting the band to the catering area, with fires in drums which Craig waters has said he could organise if its permissible. Some asked for the films.
BAR AND CATERING This went well, the extra trading hours did not cause a problem. More tables and chairs may help. But we had issues of grog being in the pits, maybe big signs [MV?] are necessary at the exit of the bar. Riders need to be advised the evening meal needs booking.
PIT WALL Our previous good management of this failed. We did not have somebody at the gate and also people were walking through the dummy grid all day.[ Patrick said this will be changed soon.]

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services