Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Insurance
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2009 :  11:29:02 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I had a call from somebody asking about life / accident insurance whilst racing.
has anybody heard of a company that will take a policy?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2009 :  6:42:56 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Try Australian Auto Sport Alliance!
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2009 :  6:48:31 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Combined Insurance Company of America will cover you for everything including ALL forms of racing. Their only no-nos are skydiving and being drunk, apart from those they are open slather, and they do pay. Contact their company, and they'll send a rep out to give an obligation-free short chat at a club night. I am in two clubs here and both have plenty of members covered by Combined. I hasten to add I have no affiliation or ipecuniary interest in passing on this info, but there are times on raceday when occasionally you think "Jeez this is getting a bit fraught and I've gotta go to work in the morning !"
Well, these guys take a bit of that strain off the mind, and you can get on with the racing. If you can't contact them, PM me and I'll get our local rep in WA to get me a contact over your way.
Regards GD
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2009 :  10:14:58 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

GD66 I hear that some of our members in Vic arte still using your club with regard to the insurance I think you speak of. I get the impression that many members of the club have taken out policies with thsi company.
Is thsi correct?
If so would there be any reason why a club here in Vic could not set up a scheme where I guess racers would pay an additional premium to have the extra coverage.
In fact if it is possible i wonder if it would be possible for MV in Vic or even MA nationally to set up a similar scheme.
GD can you offer an opinion?
Thanks in advance.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2009 :  10:37:00 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I have had feedback from MA about tthis sort of insurance and I will followit up. In the meantime I have asked MV to invetsigate whether they see merit in offering such a service to members via the same insurance company the WA club uses.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2009 :  10:34:01 AM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

Sounds like a great idea for either a club or the State body to pick up with and promote. In some cases there is a small kickback for the controlling body for their efforts. I have heard of Combined, they have had good reports and have been around a long time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services