Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Vic Historic Titles 2010
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2009 :  10:29:35 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The Vic Historic titles for Historics, F2 sidecars and BEARS is on again, at Broadford. 17 and 18 April 2010, Supp regs will be out soon.
I need help to run the films on Saturday evening and I ask if somebody can put their hand up please?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 30 Nov 2009 09:10:41 AM

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2009 :  6:49:37 PM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Dates please John

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2009 :  7:11:24 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

Please remember that we will have a practice day on Friday April 16 from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2010 :  3:18:30 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  7:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

Why are the Championships only 1 race? A series of 4 point scoring heats would have been much better, in my opinion.
At least the 125s aren't running against 600s this year - well done race committee - you DO listen to complaints!
I wish I was going - if only it had been within a week of the Barry Sheene Festival

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2010 :  08:39:55 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Bad luck you cannot make it.
We are looking at using a number of events over the day to realise the championship, so far there has not been a lot of support for it.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2010 :  09:31:56 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Champs. should be a minium of two legs in my view, should we have a vote on this??

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2010 :  12:00:54 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Voting is not part of the deal.
We have never claimed to be fully democratic, there are too many self interest groups, except the sidecar teams of course.
The committee is entrusted to make the decisions, because very few people actually take part in discussions unless we ask face to face.
The titles have been run that way for years, BUT, it is under consideration.

If you want change talk with others and make a written submission for consideration, if we gets lots it would help.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2010 :  8:45:36 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Entries are pouring in, 130 entries and 160 bikes.
The best we have ever had for thsi event and more to come.

Many SA riders.

Now we have decided to change the program because we have 52 entries in one race and large numbers in others.
So the P4 and P5 solo 250cc will have their own combined race, taking them out of the P4 and P5 up to 500 /600cc.

18 P4 and P5 sidecars 5 P3, 10 P3 solo unlimited.

I have suggestted a couple more changes and we will ask around before we announce anything.
BUT if any of you want to come over to the dark side, we can fit you in to the grid.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2010 :  07:46:52 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Great news John.
52 entries in one race.................125s?
I wish.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  9:47:56 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Boys and girls, we have about 180 machines entered our best ever.
Kim Kribbs I belive has come across to the dark side also, so those of you who are trying to get the courage to come over had better hurry, soon there may be no room on the grid for you!!

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 09 Apr 2010 08:07:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  07:09:39 AM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Do you mean Kim Krebs ?
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  08:06:55 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

oops, YES

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  1:37:31 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

Well this is all getting a bit exciting
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  9:52:40 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

Had a few calls today from SA - yep they are on their way.
Great stuff, everyone keen to practice on Friday......
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  10:31:10 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Gates at Broadford open a 6am on Friday, they are not open all Thursday evening.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  11:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

hey Mark,fired the MV up an hour ago,(only been 2 years),hows the benelli,see the rest of you happy campers friday nite
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2010 :  9:07:43 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

Around 50 practiced today - no major oil dramas but an observant flaggie picked up on a machine with rear brake linkage problems that was reported to control and the bike brought in etc.
Lots of camp fires tonight, could be a scene from the mid sixties!!
Forecast is great, looking forward to a great weekend.

Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2010 :  11:02:31 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Good news Patrick. Best wishes from the West to all competitors for a safe and enjoyable weekend : see you at the Southern Classic...again !
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2010 :  5:54:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Good racing, 18 sidecars,
No major medical mishap, films were good but can improve, camp fires everywhere, catering very good, pumpkin soup great, overall another great weekend.
Kevin Magee presented the trophies to everybody and Doug Dukes explained what his achievements were.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2010 :  12:52:55 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

Great weekend!

Still got a stupid grin on my face!

Thanks Keith for the DNS ;)
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2010 :  9:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

i agree bigtime,brill weekend ,(well it was till lap 6 P3 250 champ/ship ) teach me to stuff it under a tractor end of main straight(red mist syndrome again),was good to meet some newbies too,(new for me),catch up with friends,long time between drinks maxxie,Johnny Winter tape took a hammering late sat nites do at Bondies campfire(did about 4 laps),congrats to all the grinners(winners),flaggies,orficials,HMRAV TAKE A BOW,
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  07:40:11 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I thought Toddys idea to ask Kevin McGee to hand out the trophys was a nice touch.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  10:28:26 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

That took me completely by surprise, how did he manage that?
Maybe he can get Kevin to ride at the next one and Mick Doohan to give out the trophies.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  10:38:43 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Ah, now that is secret.
The HMRAV strives to lead the pack with race events, presentations, ideas and just the pure quality of the entries and of course sidecar numbers. Our techniques may be illegal and involve substances you would not give to a dog so I am afraid I cannt reveal nothing!!

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  10:55:00 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Bugrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services