Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Ride For The Hills 2010
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2009 :  07:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Hello All,

I have received the below e-mail and if you are interested in it, please help support.

Sent: Tuesday, 15 December 2009 12:35 AM
To: 'Webmaster @ Classic Motorcycling Australia'
Subject: RE: Ride For The Hills 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hello, my name is Brij Marshall and I am the club co-ordinator representing ‘Ride for the Hills – Road to Recovery 2010’.

On Monday 9th Feb 2009 in response to the unprecedented fires around Victoria, a group of ‘grass roots level’ motorcyclists set in motion a plan that would be of help to the victims of the recent fires, both then and into the future.

Now, we are planning for the Ride For The Hills 2010 which we hope will be even bigger this year.

Together with a group of well connected and enthusiastic people, we hope to be able to raise money for the CFA and SES to help replace items of equipment that were lost in the fires and to help them prepare for future years. Let’s help protect those volunteers that protect our communities.

We are targeting 5000 motorcycles for 2010 to join us in what could be one of Australia’s largest mass rides for charity.

It is my task to contact more than 100 motorbike clubs around the country and extend an invitation for you and your club members to be involved in the ride organisation and together maximise the amount we can give to this outstanding effort.

We are currently actively talking with all the authorities and have many on board as well as associations, police and local level council.

The ride day for RFTH 2010 will be on Sunday 14th February 2010 (Yes, Valentines day…. What better way to spend the day with the two wheeled love of your life… oh and to bring your other half as a pillion!). We will be departing from Pit Lane in Albert Park at 11am. Assembly is from 8am. The finish destination this year will be the Whittlesea Country Music Festival.

Costs will be $25 per rider and $15 for pillion and this cost will also allow you entry into the music festival.

Media, websites and news releases will be forthcoming in the coming weeks.

This is a great opportunity for all motorcyclists to continue to show those that live in our ‘playground’ that we support their continuing effort to stand up, rebuild and continue with their lives, today, tomorrow and in the future.

Please note that this is an organised ride and every possible concern regarding logistics, locations and safety are paramount to the organising committee.

We currently require individuals to be bike marshals, pit lane parking marshals, traffic/corner marshals, volunteers for the registration desks, and to sell badges on the day

Please reply with contact name and after hours ph no etc as soon as possible and let me know if you or someone representing your club may be available for a group meeting in the coming weeks

There will be a follow up letter sent by me giving you more details regarding the day.

Together we can continue to help those that were left with nothing as they rebuild their lives and communities, so that we can all enjoy what we have taken for granted for so long.

Kind Regards,

Brij Marshall
‘Ride for the Hills’
Club Co-ordinator
(CBR600F4i)
Brij.RFTH2010[at]three.com.au

PS if you have been in contact with anyone associated with ‘Ride for the Hills’ please still send your details. Otherwise you may miss out on information that is required.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services