Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 2010 Oz Champs looking for P2 bikes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  11:50:29 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Hi John
Fergus Cameron of PIMS has asked Fraser Mcmillan to try and motivate people to enter their period 2 bikes in the Oz champs in Sept. at Phillip Island
Fraser has co opted me as a past 350 P2 title winner (2000) to help round up 350's in particular. They hope to be able to field 10 plus bikes in the 350, 500 and unlimited so as to have 3 title classes. Apparently years ago they had over 50 bikes in P2 at P I .
Would you please publicise this request in the hmrav journal plus word of mouth. I have been phoning a few people but am having trouble finding phone numbers of Melbourne names. My numbers are below if anyone wishes to contact me

Hoping you can help.

Regards
Bruce Pederick
Box 713 Shepparton 3632

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  12:46:12 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

I have already done my bit to encourage everyone to attend but P2 and P3 owners largely regard PI as too long for their bikes. Maybe they did have over 50 years ago but that was probably when the P2s were considered 'modern'! Today we have to recognise that that PI is a long time on full throttle for these bikes. I always have the feeling that I am being unkind to my poor old Postie when I go to PI and that is only half the age of a P2! If the titles had been at Broadford (where many reckon they should have been) then you would have had no trouble with entries (look at what turned up to Mac Park a couple years back) but at PI, all we can do is keep encouraging them.
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  12:54:37 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Point taken I forgot about that resistance to the main straight at the Island.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services