Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Post Classic Forum
 Suzuki GT750
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2010 :  12:45:51 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

Had a call from MA yesterday... Log book app has been bounced/put on hold due to my seat..

Does it really look that modern??
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2010 :  2:08:14 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

I am a bit mystified. Since it has a race number on it I would assume that it had been log booked previously.
Is this not the case?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.

Edited by - john feakes on 11 Jul 2010 2:41:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2010 :  2:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

They are getting a bit pedantic there.
Matcho Mick might be able to advise on similar seats in the era?

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2010 :  3:30:07 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

Maybe just raced in interclubs, not really sure.

Problem is if I put a tr style seat on, that will be the start of the chain reaction of spending.. No point havng a flash seat if everything else ain't flash.
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2010 :  6:09:18 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

Reckon I'd get away with this one?

It's pretty close in dimensions to the current seat and should hide part of ugly oil res and battery.

Edited by - NicM on 11 Jul 2010 6:11:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  1:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

Nic,seat dimensions ok,same length,just wider,will fit ok,pm me,cheers Mick
ps stupid spam thingy,i forget how to operate
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  5:28:00 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

pm sent, cheers
Go to Top of Page

keith roberts
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  12:14:19 PM  Show Profile Send keith roberts a Private Message  

I "raced" a tr750 for a short while, initially it was fitted with a modified road engine,later I had a couple of laps on it with the correct works motor fitted.It was ridden in P5 because the low-boy frame, forks, brakes & (Harris) swinging arm were all from that period.It was certainly not competitive against the over-bored 4-cylinder machines, especially with me riding it, but it was a lot easier to ride than my Andersen Suzuki or the tr500 Suzuki because of the width of the power band and the higher riding position. It was also about 100mm shorter than the tr500, which helped in cornering. I agree with the comments re ignition system; I used a Krober set-up on the road engine and, because of the shortened crankshaft, a Boyer-Bransden on the works engine. Oddly enough, the standard system worked very well on the Andersen 500 and the tr500 had a Krober unit.
I can provide drawings of the original exhaust pipes and works radiator if you are interested, and I have a fairing (less screen and fittings) if you want it. Screens are available form Racers Edge (Nullabor touring screen).I am not sure about the legality of running a screen with the standard radiator as it is not possible to fit the belly pan due to the width of the radiator, you may have to make a wider belly-pan. the fairing is OK with the smaller race radiator. You will save a lot of time and effort by talking to Leigh Corbett, he has a waterbottle that is fast and he can ride it better than anyone else I have seen on one. 36 or 38 mm carbs are OK,you may need to keep the chokes on the carbs as I found that the engines were pigs to start( particularly the works motor) Suzuki GB used to re-jig the frames to reduce the head angle, you will need to watch clearence to the radiator if you follow this route.
You can use the oil pump or modify the engine to use pre-mix. Originally the works bikes ran a 20:1 mix, I used 30:1 with no oil pump and it was still the smokiest bike out there.
In P4 you won't be allowed to use the floating discs, or the rear disc, you could try arguing the case but it is cheaper and quicker to check what other P4 riders have done and get onto the track without all the hassles. Methanol would not be neccessary as the engine is watercooled and you would not need a 30 litre tank to finish a 6-lap race at Phillip Island! Conyact me either by phone (03 54 261 267) or by e-mail keimag55@bigpond.com if you think I can be of any help.
Keith Roberts
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  10:31:51 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

At a glance I would have thought the seat proposed drops down too much for period 4.
I am confident they swept straight along the seat frame horiziontally on the bottom edge.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 09 Aug 2010 10:32:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  06:09:57 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

the seat on Hennen's TR750 was similar to that of an RG500. The Ron Grant Suzuki seat was the early design. I think Mike Pettifer still owns it?
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  06:12:44 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  06:15:27 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

They're all on this page!

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  10:23:42 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Alan, that first photo of yours does not look pre 1972 whereas that latter is perfect.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

NicM
Level 2 Member

Victoria

85 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  5:17:41 PM  Show Profile Send NicM a Private Message  

She's coming along, hopefully MA dont bounce this seat too :/

Go to Top of Page

Doghouse Dave
Level 2 Member

Victoria

34 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  10:30:21 PM  Show Profile Send Doghouse Dave a Private Message  

Looks good too! Good

It doesnt matter if you win or lose,its having a good time that counts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services