Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Come N try day report
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  9:57:29 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

A special thanks to those who helped make the day a good one.
Rodger Gunn, Rick, Erin Gibson and Andrew, Robin Gibson and John Feakes. Trevor May and the Large family.

We had 38 newbies who came and had a try out.
Some have decided to get Period 4 or 5 machines which is a good start.
Two members solved a tuning problem and three others sorted out gearing.
Overall another successful come N try.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 05 Dec 2010 9:58:13 PM

david dunk
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  11:01:49 AM  Show Profile Send david dunk a Private Message  

A big thanks to john and all who put this day together.
It was great fun and very relaxed, It was great to be able to talk to and encourage some new blood.Thanks again.
David
Honda #315

DAVID
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  8:14:25 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Congrats on a successful day John, that apprehension was all for zip! Every chance we get to expose new blood is worthwhile. Hats off once again HMRAV.
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2010 :  11:02:51 AM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

Great day - do it again
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2010 :  1:15:35 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The apprehension was still valid, I ran it on the minimum number possible.
We interchanged two riders at one corner.
Personal comment coming up, stand by for wind storm;

I just hope somehow we can encourage club members to put a hand it from time to time to help. Just as others do so they can race.

Too often people just race and dont care about giving a hand when they are not racing.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2010 :  3:42:28 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

John,

For the record I had offered to help on October 15th under Promotion of Historic/Classic/Post Classic tab. I didn't get much of a response. As it transpired, I had another engagement on the same day in anycase. Noting also I'm not a HMRAV member.

I agree racers have an obligation to help from the other side of the fence sometimes. However I see you put out a call for help on Nov 30, within a week of the event. Can I kindly suggest giving yourself a lot more lead time in future? It'll help everyone concerned, yourself most of all!!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2010 :  3:49:49 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Jason, thanks for the tip. At the time I was under the impression I had lots of help, but it vaporised.
To overcome that next year, I have asked a few people to consider being on a small planning committee to run it.
I am hoping between say 3 or 4 of us all those things will be sorted out earlier. I also forgot drinks for the flaggies, sauce for the sausages at lunch etc

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services