Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Bike Registry
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  3:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Hello,

After requests to have a bike regisrty for riders of Classic, Post Classic and Historic, we have finally produced one for the Classic, Post Classic and Historic users to use.

You will see 2 samples currently in the You must be logged in to see this link. of what you may expect to see.

There will be an administration page for officials of clubs and organisations that support Classic, Post Classic and Historic racing in Australia. This page will have your Address, Home Telephone and e-mail address, and is not available to the general public.

You also have the option of allowing the public see what information you give. If you choose not to share the information, then you will notice that the very minimal information is given. If you do not want to supply any information to the public, please let me know and I will change the form.

Please lets make this happen for the good of the sport.

Note: No information supplied by you will be used in spam from this site or from clubs and organisations as it will be a condition for the clubs and organisations to gain access to your details.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  12:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

jeezas David,why would you want the world to know where your pride & joy resides?,(at least it dosen't ask whether shed is locked or unlocked?)lets just scroll through the more expensive bikes listed too?hmmm Mick
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  01:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Only doing what was requested since no one else was doing it, I thought that I would cater for the few that thought that it was a great idea.

And as you see from the examples, the general public can not get your home details, and the officals would have to sign a form not to use the information for illegal purposes.

The price that is there, is if someone wishes to sell their bike (and again no personal information is given) and if someone is interested in the bike, if it is forsale, then they would need to contact the club offical for that person to pass on their details and they could contact the person if they so wished to.

Plus I feel it could serve another purpose to send out information about meets if the user so wishes. It is simply a contact register through the persons club.

Does that make sense?

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  9:08:18 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I think you have done well, dave. i take micks point though but surely we can find a safe way.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  4:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Come on guys and girls.. I was asked for the Bike Registry and not one person has entered anything. Why? Should I remove it?

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  9:13:57 PM  

The first sidecar has just been put up!!!
Theres a start how about more peoples.
Id put up more but Ive only got the one sidecar and this site isnt for moderns(ie Honda RS125)
Keep up the top work with this site David and Allan GREAT JOB.

Regards
Neill

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  9:17:42 PM  

P.s I forgot to put the photo up.Can you do it from your side David if I email you a pic?
Regards
Neill

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  08:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Great stuff Neill & Alan C you guys are the first to add your bikes to the registry.

Just so all know, that you can add more than one bike to the registry if you so wish. There is no restriction on the ammount you add to the registry. This will give the officals an idea on how many potential bikes there are for the race meets.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  07:41:12 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Can we use the URL for the pics on You must be logged in to see this link. ?

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  07:42:54 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

That's a really nice sidecar Neill!

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  07:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Al,

If you send me an image, I will place it up to be used if you like.
quote:
Originally posted by acotrel

Can we use the URL for the pics on You must be logged in to see this link. ?

I was going to just link them from the Picture Gallery, but it don't like the link in some browsers so if they are sent to me, then I will then edit them to be small and put them up.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  1:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

So we still have not got that many in the You must be logged in to see this link..

Are people going to use it or not? I would also like to hear from the club secretary or president if they would like to gain access to the password protected side of the You must be logged in to see this link..

I have a form that I need to have signed by both the secretary and the president before anyone from the club can gain access to the personal details of people who have submitted information.

Sorry but we need to be sure that the information is protected. This area is also open to MA and the state representatives of MA once the form is filled out, signed and returned to me.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  7:20:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Dave I shall help with the HMRAV members

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  9:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Well we have our first NT entry in the You must be logged in to see this link..

Well done Garry for leading the way for non-Victorian users. Come on folks this is for all of Australia. We would like to know what bikes are around.

All of the information that you supply, will not be available to just anyone. It will require a strict screening process by me to be able to see your address and e-mail address. If you have a Post Office Box address, you can use that instead of your real address if you are worried about security. How does that sound?

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2004 :  3:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

We have aour first NSW entered machine. Thanks Jim Gilbet for sharing the information on your sidecar.

I still have not had a request from clubs to gain access to the Bike Registry. (Only Club Secretaries or their Presidents may apply.)

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2004 :  3:49:20 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Did not I make application David a week or so ago?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  7:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the Bike Registry at the moment, does there?

So is it a good idea or not? If it is not what you expected, then please let me know.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  9:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Looks like the bike registry ais a waste of time on this site. I will be removing it in the first week of Jan 2005 if there is no more interest shown in it's use. It took me ages to create it, and it appears no one really wants it, so what do people want on this site?

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

msupremo
Locked due to multiple accounts

Victoria

6 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2009 :  08:36:49 AM  Show Profile Send msupremo a Private Message  

David, sorry your bike register fell in a hole. A while back I copped flak for mentioning what someone owned on a forum. I now recognise there is a real security issue. It's OK for me, I don't believe I have any really valuable bikes. However it's not really smart to advertise what you own on the web! The register was a good idea, pity there are thieves in this world.
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2009 :  09:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

The thing with the bike registry is that the only thing that the public is able to see is the bike and not the address. Only trusted officials get to see that if the user want to put their address in. I can view it and can tell who has viewed the information and on what day and time.

There was a big call for it, so I wrote the software and seems that some want it, and others do not care.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services