Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Historic - Classic, Post Classic & F/Era Sidecars
 Sidecar Comments
 How do I get started
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

AXIALANDY
Level 1 Member

1 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2011 :  4:18:34 PM  Show Profile Send AXIALANDY a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Hi folks. I have recently moved to Brisbane from Dublin , Ireland and intend to bring my gsxr 1000 f1 windle sidecar over to do some racing. As I know no one in Australia that's involved in sidecar racing , I would really appreciate any help on the following. Which club to join? How to get an Australian license,etc and the availability of experienced passengers. Also has anyone imported an outfit from Europe and what were the costs involved? Thanks. Andy jones

peen0_0
Level 3 Member

Victoria

224 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2011 :  10:34:22 AM  Show Profile Send peen0_0 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Andy, welcome to OZ. A mate of mine has fairly recently imported an F2 from the UK. I'll get him to respond to your query.
Re you club and licence queries, try Motorcycling Australia for your details, 03 9684 0500, e-mail - mail@ma.org.au,or You must be logged in to see this link.
Good luck, Tony.
Go to Top of Page

Doghouse Dave
Level 2 Member

Victoria

34 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2011 :  1:25:14 PM  Show Profile Send Doghouse Dave a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Welcome to Australia!! Peen is right get onto the Motorcycling Australia website and find the link to Motorcycling Queensland they will have a list of clubs that you can join.Once you are a member you can get a licence and then get on the track. Good luck with it.

It doesnt matter if you win or lose,its having a good time that counts.
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2011 :  7:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

See You must be logged in to see this link. Queensland Early Motorcycle Sports Club

There's a whole bunch of historic sidecar nuts there. In fact one is El Presidente & his swinger is Secretary.
Somebody voted them in!

We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

Bernie

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services