Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Vic. Historic management Committee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2014 :  09:07:18 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Alan,

Looks like a leading question however I'll give a straight answer.....

Logbooks only needed for declared historic events. As I believe those series are only running 'modern' classes then you need to comply with the modern rules for whatever class you'd be contemplating or able to enter....I imagine they would have some kind of retro or pre modern class. The MoMs historics and moderns chapters are quite different in many key aspects of bike prep, fuels and many more.
Go to Top of Page

bigdazoz
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2014 :  9:11:11 PM  Show Profile Send bigdazoz a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Alan,

you make me smile......

lets see here's a link from 2010 from this very website where I offered to pay for you to ride at the interclub at Winton, including paying membership for one of the attending clubs.

You must be logged in to see this link.

while I'm at it here's a little link where you were going to ride at Terry O'Neil's FX races in 2010

Both of these previously discussed topic have raised there heads again in the above yet you still haven't ridden your bikes.

Would you like me to troll through all the other website you so happen to frequent and list all the times you were going to enter your bike from the past say 4-5 years?????

I'll go one better Alan..

I will pay for you to Join a MC Club in Australia for 1 year

I will pay for you a one event licence..

I will pay for a log book for your bike..

I will pay your entry in the Pirelli Road Race at Phillip Island on 31-August 1-Sept

If you choose not have a log book as your protest you can ride in the BEARs Classes...

and you can go racing....

I will even do my best to borrow a friends Seely Norton just so I can ride in the same race as you....

Alan, contact me here via PM and I will put all of the above in place ready for you...

Or get of your **** from your computer screen, and arrange your own no log book meeting at Winton, get the shine of your seat, promote it get it running, you have typed long and hard about how wonderful life would be in your nirvana meeting...

As for me tomorrow I'm riding at the interclub...

you tomorrow: well you'll be shinning your desk side seat, and polishing your keyboard with the ends of your fingers......

Looking forward to seeing you race at the island in August September.

or what excuse will you have this time

Big Daz

BTW Alan, I met your brother (Doug I think) at the Broadford Bonanza last year, gee he's a nice bloke.... How did you turn out so much of a ?

Edited by - bigdazoz on 15 Apr 2015 12:36:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

bigdazoz
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2014 :  1:56:01 PM  Show Profile Send bigdazoz a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Alan,

7 days and counting since my offer........

No Reply in the forum or via PM

My offer still stands, I'm looking forward to you racing this year...

Darren
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2014 :  2:15:07 PM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Geez Daz, pay mine you might get a result
Go to Top of Page

bigdazoz
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2014 :  6:49:11 PM  Show Profile Send bigdazoz a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Hi Pedro,

It's not a bad offer is it?

For too long we here how bad racing is via Mr.Cotrell yet I'm yet too see him actually put any rubber on any track in the last 6-7 years that I'm aware of.

As you may or may not be aware Mr. Cotrels rants on many of the web pages actually almost caused me never to hit the track.

When I started to build my CB900 in 2002 and had it 90% done by the end of 2004 I started reading as much as I could about the whole historic racing thing as I could.

Of course, acotrel, conker, Alan and Alan coterall all apeared on all the web pages I visited etc, his take on historic racing personally stoped me from actually finishing off the bike and not entering my planned meeting the island classic in 2005.

After a 1 year lay off I put the fealers out again and then learnt that there are some bitter twisted silly old fools around who if listed too were spouting about things they read or dreamed about.

I was at bob martins work shop one after noon chatting with phillis who was tracking down his black gsx at the time and we got to yapping and I got more motivated to finish the honda..

I worked at the 2006 and 2007 island classic on recovery to get a feel for the event and then I reslised just how far wrong people like acotrel, conker,Alan and Alan coterall had miss lead me... And I can only assume others also..

The rest is history... 1st race meeting ever island classic 2nd supports at wsbk, 3 rd supports at moto gp... From there on I've had more rides offered than I can do...

My offer to Alan Cotrel stands..

Alan based on everything you've typed,about entering here entering there. All comes do to this...

Either accept my offer and prove to me your not a bull **** artist and you truly care about racing. I've put my money where my mouth is to encourage you to get out and race either log booked in period competition or non log booked if your protest stands in BEARS racing...

Or

You, Hire your true love Winton circuit as a promoter get a date set, give everyone a year to preplan, run it with your ideal senario with no logbooks, run the races with like machines like your telling us all about.. I can't wait to see single cylinder manxs in races with Colin heathers cb500 ....

Or politely decline my offer with yet another excuse...

But know this , conker, acotrel, Alan, acotrel.. Anytime I come across a web page where you are typing saying anything about how you intend to enter a meeting or anything about your nirvana meeting where historic racing nirvana exists if we all follow you.. I will link back to this forum and point out how many times you've said The same thing over and over again.....

Alan, again the offer stands... You've been on the website here yesterday posting .. So my assumption is you've seen the posting above...

Humblest apologies to all for the rant and the high jack of the thread. But a think quite a few agree maybe...

If acotrel did half a much promoting telling everyone how it's about two wheels , and finding a race within your race, to smile, ride round and round, and have fun.. We would all be better off..

I'd be happy to hear any critisim or comments of the above from anyone..

Regards to all ...

Bigdaz

Sorry for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar , I'm in a meeting and typing on a phone conection. But you should get the drift...

Edited by - bigdazoz on 26 Mar 2014 6:54:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2014 :  8:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Well said Darren.. That is what this site was setup to do, promote the sport and there is the knockers that put people off and why quite a few have stopped posting.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2014 :  07:02:31 AM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Well done Darren .
it's easier said simply put up or shut up Alan.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  05:21:08 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

As it was so it ever shall be ? How many potential entries would there be at classic events, if the programme was set up to include Historics and capture Bears, buckets and juniors ? While focus is always directed at trying to re-create a nostalgia trip we are not capturing the maximum number of competitors and spectators. The nostalgia trip is great, however perhaps it should be saved for once per year at the national historic championships? That way we would probably lure a lot of the BEARS guys to participate. It is probably too late to capture the guys who used to ride in the Harley 883 Sportster class - that died a natural death long ago and the bikes probably returned to public roads. The other class which was interesting was supermono - should have had a 500cc capacity limit, however there is still an opportunity there.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

Edited by - acotrel on 28 Mar 2014 05:34:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  06:48:15 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

'Well said Darren.. That is what this site was setup to do, promote the sport and there is the knockers that put people off and why quite a few have stopped posting.'

David, this topic has had 38 responses so far. If you look down the list on your home page, all other topics except one have had less than 16.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  06:55:46 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I would point out that there seems to be no equivalent to Allpowers C grade in road racing these days and historic racing is the remaining vestige. When I was a kid, we had Calder every month, and it didn't matter much what bike you had, you still got reasonable rides in graded and capacity class regulated races. I suggest we should take a more holistic approach to classic racing and ditch the logbooks for all except the championships. They should then become the culmination of classic racing.

Edited by - acotrel on 28 Mar 2014 06:56:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Historic
Level 2 Member

New South Wales

46 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  10:46:24 AM  Show Profile Send Historic a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Acotrel,
You just don't get it do you. Historic road racing is the largest type of road racing in Australia. At major meetings, Island Classic, Barry Sheene and various State championships and open national meetings there simply isn't enough room to cater for all the classes.
It is not a run what you brung class it is run what they brung back then class. It is such a popular form of racing in part due to logbooks, they have taken a lot of the aruguments out of the sport. Not perfect but close.
At the Sheene I saw a logbook with a number over 2000. People on this site who campaign against them number just one. What do you have against them? Is your motorcycle as valid as your opinion? Has it been shown to have no place in Historic racing?
You don't need to race your precious Seeley in Historic racing. You may be able to race in a BEARs race (they have rules too), you could race it in Modern club day, if you follow their rules. You could get together with a group of people that share your opinion and create the most popular form of road racing in the country. You'd need rules to ensure a fair sport. Perhaps a technical list of components to ensure everyone was on the same page. I would suggest putting that list into some form of document, perhaps a book that could be checked from time to time.
What do you have against logbooks, it can't be the cost.
The was a generous offer made to you on this thread. It was a put up or shut up type deal. You haven't put up so ......
Historic

Edited by - Historic on 28 Mar 2014 10:48:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  11:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Nope, you do not get it. It is the comments from you that are putting people off and we have had this chat before.
quote:
Originally posted by acotrel

David, this topic has had 38 responses so far. If you look down the list on your home page, all other topics except one have had less than 16.

I have to agree with the wider community and say to you, shut up if you aren't going to say anything good to promote the sport, but only run with what you consider to be what the sport is about, which is your opinion and not the "bees knees way to do it".

There are both good and bad things, about the sport, but I see the point of both sides as you are never going to find something that pleases everyone, but have rules such as the log books that are fair to everyone.

There is more than you in this world....

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  11:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

+ 1 David,38 responses,19 were yours Al,
ps Fox speed has 2014 island classic on now (for those having early lunch)
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  10:13:19 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Fellas, just to add to the grist I was offered a large some of money about 8 years ago to pay all costs to anybody prepared to bring Pommy 4 stroke bikes to Winton that had not been racing in recent times. The money was offered by a very keen follower of pommy bike racing. I was sworn to secrecy about the whole thing but I did negotiate approval to tell the club president of HMRAV at the time.
I spoke with Acotrel who was interested but did not take up the offer.
In fact I could not find anybody else who was prepared to bring along a bike which was not currently racing at the time.
Alan, you have actually answered your own question about why bikes are not at Winton. You stated the track day fee and costs of $210 was beyond the budget.
uess what thats is the issue for clubs.
I dont think I am talking out of school, but I did hear that one of the clubs which had raced recently at Winton said the $23000 track hire fee was too much.

If the fee level is incorrect I can followup, but it was a normally reliable source of information.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 28 Mar 2014 10:13:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2014 :  4:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

23grand,pppfffttt,that might get you eastern creek on a friday ,
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2014 :  3:50:57 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I had one promoter confirm to me that they stopped going to Winton due to the cost.

Alan, take Daz's offer up please or formally decline it, stop skirting around it.
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  8:19:06 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

This is really sad for Winton.You must be logged in to see this link.
I think that this was the same gap fill process that was used at Broadford before we resealed - I recall that we had to complete the 28mm reseal on top of the sealant before anybody went around the circuit in anger!
Meanwhile in Monaco they have started to get ready for their next GP.

Edited by - Patrick on 04 Apr 2014 9:06:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

bigdazoz
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2014 :  09:25:10 AM  Show Profile Send bigdazoz a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Alan Cotrel, Acotrel, Conker,

Its been 7 weeks, and you're full of sh*t.

The Broadford Bonaza been on, you could have ridden there, to get your bike ready for as little as $80.00. Broadford is just down the road for you.

I didn't see your Seely going round and round.

A lot of us were ridding there.

I did plenty of laps, ridding everything I could park my date on:
1928 AJS
Seely Norton
RD250LC
Z250
CB1100RD
CB1100RB
Phillis GSX1100
XR69
GSX1100
R80
Dio 50
Horners Vincent

everyone was smiling, waving, im sure there were some race between mates.

But not you, another lost opportunity for you to get your bikies out and prove that your not full of it..

I've organised a Seely Norton if its required, for me so that you can race someone on equal machinery, as you've asked for on so many occasions.

I have offered to pay for everything involved with getting you on the track..

You've been on the site posting recently, you've even posted here after my offer to you.

The offer is still on the table. 7 weeks is enough to prove the point, your were never going to ride / race again. Just Admit it and move on.

The offer stands until Sunday 4th May 2014.

Otherwise from Sunday on:

I'm going to ask every one that read's this posting to keep an eye out for your posting on and across every motorcycle forum for any of your postings, regarding you getting on a race track, ridding your bikes or your historic nirvana meeting....

And if anyone sees Acotrel /Alan posting anywhere else on any forums to post a link back to this offer with an apologies for referring their users to another site to the offer made to you ...

If your way changes and you start promoting racing, in a positive light, being constructive, helping get people to the track, I may at some stage in future consider removing this..

Regards to all.

Big Daz

Edited by - bigdazoz on 07 Jun 2014 09:21:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2014 :  4:01:21 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Well Alan I had the pleasure of finally meeting big Daz on Saturday at Broadford and I can say his offer is quite genuine and I can't believe you wouldn't take him up on it!!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2014 :  8:38:33 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Lets move on for the sake of sport please.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2014 :  11:24:59 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Jason, All up with no log book or license, how much can I get a ride at Broadford for, with Daz paying the entry fee? These days I can almost afford the petrol to get there. I'm looking to work again so I can fund another foray into this idiocy. The race classes still don't do much for me. I will however have another go in Period 4 against the overbored CB750s. That is a promise - come what may, I'm certain that I must do that.

Go to Top of Page

bigdazoz
Level 1 Member

Victoria

14 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2014 :  5:48:12 PM  Show Profile Send bigdazoz a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Hi Jason, great to finally meet up, oh yeah at a race track ridding our bikes, unlike the keyboard knobber (hello Allan!)

John wrote "Lets move on for the sake of sport please."

but his signature says:

"there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

My thought are: Acotrel, Alan , Conker etc etc are of the "those who undo" therefore we should all lampoon....

lam·poon [lam-poon]
noun
1.a sharp, often virulent satire directed against an individual or institution; a work of literature, art, or the like, ridiculing severely the character or behaviour of a person, society, etc.
verb (used with object)
2.to mock or ridicule in a lampoon

I think Mr Alan Cotrell deserves to be "Lampooned"

I of course stand to be corrected...

BigDaz

Edited by - bigdazoz on 16 Nov 2014 10:32:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2014 :  3:43:11 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

This thread has been totally hijacked by Mr Alan Cotterell and to be honest it was a sad day when he was allowed back to this site. The best way to get over his rantings is to ignore him, it is only then that he might either go away or open his eyes to the bigger picture.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2014 :  06:07:30 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

The bigger picture is that BEARS and buckets are mainly raced only in NSW, because of the Victorian historic rules.

Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2014 :  10:31:22 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Alan, what have the Vic historic rules to do with BEARS, and also in NSW there are not so many buckets that are logbooked, they are their own class and historic status is not a big concern or consideration for them. I see you were posting on Christmas day - good will to all men??
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  08:32:30 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Jason, Do you bear me ill will ? I'm not racing because I cannot afford it. Most of my life is spent at present looking after two babies. It's possible but not likely that I might race at the Austin 7 Club meeting at Winton this year, however even that would probably cause hardship.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  08:35:58 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Incidentally, this forum is pretty much a dead loss.

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  08:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

In what way Alan?

quote:
Originally posted by acotrel

Incidentally, this forum is pretty much a dead loss.

I would really like to know.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2015 :  09:31:27 AM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Nice to know you have pretty much contributed single-handedly to its current situation though, Alan.
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2015 :  11:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Not just Alan, but also me for not caring for the site after I lost my father, but the good news is that I am back and fired up.
quote:
Originally posted by GD66

Nice to know you have pretty much contributed single-handedly to its current situation though, Alan.

If Alan thinks that I am going to change my view that he is a "shit stirrer", it is going to be a huge disappointment to him, as that is all he is. There is no more fly in's every now and then, cause a rubbish and then fly out, those users will be locked out.

I have been getting some private messages and it is time to start to act. I have let users like Alan carry on way to long and it is time to put them in their place. If they want the sport to grow, then they need to stop dragging it down with them and start to perch it up.

Now back to the real question at hand, I want to start to get very involved in the sport by joining committees and making a difference for the better. I have even offered $10000.00 (ten thousand dollars) in total for a single race (not an event/race meeting, but a single race at an event) in 2016 to help promote the sport, don't see to many people or organisations offering that sort of dollars to promote that sport. (sadly I have to say that no one has taken the offer at this stage)

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services