Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Island Classic 2023
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2023 :  12:08:29 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I am hearing stories its not going to be promoted again, has anyone else heard about it?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2023 :  05:41:55 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I have not heard anything, because I am not listening to idiots.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2023 :  05:36:01 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Due to lack of interest, Monday has been cancelled ?

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2023 :  05:38:07 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

It is all your own work, John - YOU DID IT !

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2023 :  05:52:35 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

David White is now no longer in MA ? What does that do for historic racing ?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2023 :  07:41:34 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I am not sure, but I guess it will mean new ideas may come around.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2023 :  06:56:06 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Mick Petifer is the new MA guy. He actually has some brains. I do not think he is a sifecar idiot.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2023 :  06:58:05 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

When did HMRAV ever have any new ideas ?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2023 :  09:30:01 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Indian Harley Challenge
860 cc Sidecar class
Free beer for sidecar teams
Consistent direction in Pit lane at Broadford
Catering and liquor licence
Secure scrutineering
Race number boards on Control tower at Broadford
Elimination of axle driven starters

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2023 :  07:24:54 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

As racing motorcyclists, Motorcycling Australia used to be our riders' union. However MA is now a corporation, and we do not elect it's leader. When I vote, I always vote for people who express common decency. I have had occasion to interact with Mick Pettifer. He is OK - which is more than I can say for some others.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2023 :  07:29:36 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Sidecar racers are all drunks. They must need Dutch courage, even when the bikes cannot fall over.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2023 :  08:18:44 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Alan, I am certainly not a drunk, we may need courage, but we do it sober!

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2023 :  04:37:41 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

John,
If you sre not a drunk, what is your excuse ?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2023 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Alan, IMO Sidecar riders are the true Gentlemen of Motorsports.
This fact is known to cause all others extreme jealously such that they try to denigrate sidecars.
Of course they are in denial and will splutter all types ?of words, but thye fact remains, sidecar teams have bigger balls than all of you combined.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2023 :  05:45:41 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

John
Self-praise is no recommendation.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2023 :  05:49:47 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Mobility scooters are also safe. Clasic racing rules should require all sidecars to have those little flags on sticks, to show ehere they are.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2023 :  05:53:31 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Derek Pickasrd and Peter Lord from the Velocette Owners Club started the historic racing idiocy. Neither of them had never road raced a motorcycle. Where are they now ?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2023 :  07:36:54 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Dereks son is racing old stuff, I think Peter Lord has jioned your bowling club.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2023 :  07:07:04 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Derek tried racing a Greeves. He ceashed when it seized, and got a brokem astm and never raced agaim. Derek and Peter looked over the fence and thought they knew something about road racing motorcycles.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2023 :  08:43:38 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I guess like most of us Al.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2023 :  06:06:57 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I think it is sad, that kids in the future will probably never know the jou of building a road-rasce motorcycle and developing it to go faster.

Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2023 :  4:02:06 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

John, Acotrel, nice to see you are still with us! But looks like the only 2 on the forum.....
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2023 :  4:31:47 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

You may be correct JasonL but we can always hope

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2023 :  5:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I am around, just not a great deal to say at this stage...

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2023 :  5:48:09 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Thanks David

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2023 :  04:38:10 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Was the Island Classic televised ? - WHO IS REPONSIBLE FOR DOING NOITHING CONSTRUCTIVE ?

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2023 :  05:25:31 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Motorcycle hillclimbs used to happen at Maldon and at Eastern Beach in Geelong.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2023 :  04:53:02 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Motorcycling Australia is funded by people who race motorcycles. However MotoGP seems to be the only motorcycle road racing which is ever televised in Australia. TV channels will not pay for content.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2023 :  04:55:28 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Terry O'Neil did not seem to have a problem in getting his Formula Extreme events televised.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services