Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of all 125's
 125cc Riders' Alliance
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  08:05:33 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Greetings Reamers and welcome to our little piece of turf.
Tell us about your plans for this bike please.
Mine is nearly finished and I am keen to see more 4 stroke representation.
GD66, thanks for that advice. Parts are indeed getting hard to find so all help is welcome.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  5:22:48 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Is there a separate championship for four stroke 125s ? I would have thought that any two stroke 125 would have double the horsepower, and a fifth of the mechanical complexity!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  7:09:52 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

You are right Al, but none of the riders have asked for anything yet and if they create their own special trophy that will help a lot.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  7:36:05 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

At the moment there are not enough 4 strokes to create a separate class.
There may never be enough.
There are not many bikes to choose from, in fact, other than Honda's CB there is virtually nothing available.
The Honda is forced into P4 or P5, periods that were dominated by 2 strokes, so building one is, from a race winning point of view, an exercise in futility.
It is only sentimental (and impecunious) old fools like me who do such things.
Anyone care to join me? Anyone got a spare MV?
John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

reamers
Level 1 Member

Victoria

3 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  9:54:38 PM  Show Profile Send reamers a Private Message  

Hi Everyone,

The bikes an ebay find and seems to be in pretty good condition considering. (I havent kicked it over yet though - hunting down a battery).

I bought it as a first Mechanical project, and really liked the idea of getting around on a 125 when I need something different to my thruxton.

I would love to be able to eventually race it for a bit of fun, but as I mainly want to be able to also ride it on the road I'll probably have to get used to rolling in last!
Go to Top of Page

reamers
Level 1 Member

Victoria

3 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  10:02:23 PM  Show Profile Send reamers a Private Message  

Also, Thanks GD66 for the tip for parts, I had seen the Phil Denton site but not the other two.

Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2009 :  4:44:53 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

'There are not many bikes to choose from, in fact, other than Honda's CB there is virtually nothing available.'

There's nothing available be cause we aren't using our imagination! There are so many CT110 based Chinese motors available, yet it seems that because they are uncompetitive against any respectable two stroke, nobody has gone down that path, yet. There are so many performance parts available that you could start a whole craze with them, and still fit within the 'historic' or 'bucket' concept. CT110s have been about since the early sixties. Either a trick frame kit or a kit to modify a standard postie bike is all that would be needed with a minor change to 'THE RULES'! And we'd have a beaut new beginners' class!
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2010 :  12:47:50 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Alan, it is the change to the rules bit that is the stumbling block.
Perhaps the "visually indistinguishable" aspect needs to be tested.
If we could change that to "visually compatible" we might get somewhere.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  12:40:06 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Well, here we are almost a year older and not much has changed.
Can I suggest that all those interested in 125s add 125 to their user name and then we can establish a data base for members to communicate?
At the moment we seem to be going nowhere fast.
If we can establish such a data base both here and with H.M.R.A.V. entry forms can be emailed out to remind all
that their sport needs them.
This means that we have to spread the word around to all those who have computers to get on this site and make themselves known and to all those who don't have computers to find a mate who does have one.

Just tried to add 125 to my user name and couldn't do it.
Any other suggestions as to how we identify ourselves as 125 supporters?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Edited by - john feakes on 01 Aug 2010 12:52:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2010 :  09:39:40 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

You could add it to your signature John.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2010 :  1:54:54 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Bloody good idea John.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2010 :  2:07:03 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Well, look at that, it worked.
So come on guys, membership of this noble alliance is free and if we work together we should be able to strengthen the class.
Who will be next to "come out".

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2010 :  09:37:48 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

I have just checked the supp.regs. for the Southern Classic and it seems we are back where we started.
My interpretation is that we are back to racing by period and that P3 125s (if any) are in with 250s, P4 125s are in with 350s and P5 125s are in with 600s.
Someone please tell me that this isn't the case.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2010 :  09:45:44 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Oh dear not again we went through all this last year ,lets hope it is error like last time,,,
Please HMRAV all 125s together as agreed to at a riders meeting we had with J Daley last year,,

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2010 :  10:37:20 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am checking if its a stuff up or a mistake.
I shall get back to you asap.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  09:37:11 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

125s - Aren't they 'historic superbikes'?
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  10:12:17 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

No, they are much better than those crude monsters that need 8 times the capacity to lap only marginally quicker.
The challenge is to get more out of less.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  3:30:51 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Happy news, the Southern Classic is sorted.
Programme will be amended.
Watch this space!!!!!

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  07:42:38 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

When I was a boy, a TA125 was a good thing to race.
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  11:04:39 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Still is, if you are lucky enough to have one.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services