Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of all 125's
 125's at HMRAV races in the future
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  10:56:56 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

At the Southern Classic the 125 riders met with me and asked if they could recert back to racing with the Vintage, Class C and Classic 250 machines. Since we had advised at the riders briefing we would be holding that meeting, all thsoe who attended agreed to this proposal, I have passed it on the the HMRAV committee for confirmation.
The group also were happy to accept responsibility to help promote 125 racing with us, since they agree they are aware of whom has the machines.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 27 Oct 2009 10:57:25 AM

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  1:59:44 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Wasn't it the classic 250 riders who didn't want to ride with the 125s?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  2:39:30 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

It was one 250 and since they did not attend the meeting we are assuming they are not interested in the result anymore.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  3:47:33 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

There is a topic on the Mad Dog Forum devoted to bikes of capacity less than 250cc. It might be a good idea to have a web site designed to promote these classes. It could cater for 125s and 250s of all periods, as well as buckets, and juniors. In the car world everything seems to be done through 'special interest groups', and if the guys with a particular interest are in touch, it can only be a good thing. It could affect the way races are run (format), sponsorship, and promotion!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  4:07:05 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Sounds worthwhile looking at. i wish we had some 175cc hondas, bridgestones etc etc

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  4:35:37 PM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

On behalf of the other 125 riders i would like to thank you John for discussing the 125 race issue with us at Broadford,i think something very positive came from the meeting, we are happy with the outcome we can now get on and promt the class knowing what our race format will be in the future,,,thanks again for helping to sort it out.
And thanks to hmrav for a great meeting.

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services