Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 2010 Historic Championships
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2009 :  09:38:27 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Hi all, Ross Martin has just replied to my question about next years Title meeting.

PHILLIP ISLAND 3,4 & 5TH SEPTEMBER.

See you all there!!!

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2009 :  11:53:35 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

great news,this should be the best one yet,i,ll put entry in now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2009 :  06:52:37 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

It should be there EVERY year. PI is the best circuit in Oz!
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  9:29:55 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Who is the host club ?

Just wondering, as I believe the Phillip Island Classic, run each Australia Day weekend, exists as a stand-alone, world-class historic event, but to venture to the Island at the start of September is to tempt the weather gods. I've had some pretty bleak days there in October and November, so there's some chance of crappy weather to consider. For what it's worth, I reckon MA would be well advised to consider the next time the wheel goes around, and the historic roadrace nats are allocated to Victoria, the meeting should run at Broadford....

Edited by - GD66 on 10 Nov 2009 9:36:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  10:30:22 AM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

Can't agree there, Broadford just ain't in the same league
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  10:48:02 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Easter at PI would be good! - Another Bathurst?
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  2:16:47 PM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

Barry Sheen at Eastern Creek is at Easter, that's a pretty good track too.
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  8:30:11 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

It wasn't meant as a comparison, Oldkwak. As I said, the Island Classic is a stand-alone meeting, but Broadford is an ideal venue to be considered for future nationals when next they are allocated to Victoria. It's a great, scratchy little circuit as well. Of course The Island's great, without doubt the best track of all, but to hold the nats there means you'd be riding it three times in a calendar year, and I think that would have some impact on fields for the Island Classic, which I think deserves our strongest participation in appreciation of their ongoing support of historic bike racing.

Oh, and by the way Alan, last year the Barry Sheene and the HBBB both ran at Easter, and that's the case this year as well, so chances of a gallop round the Island would be very remote indeed...

Edited by - GD66 on 11 Nov 2009 8:31:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  10:01:29 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Valentino Rossi agrees with you Glen......(6 weeks or so difference)

Better bring the thermals eh????

I agree with your Broadford suggestion. I reckon the HMRAV would NAIL such a meeting!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  09:54:02 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The HMRAV has twice been asked to make a presentation for the Nationals, only to find out the event had been awarded to others before we were asked.

The HMRAV committee has been talking about it and wondering how we could get the manpower to run it. We had heard from Perth that Darwin wss going to be the next centre so we sat back at bit and had been talking with MV about some manpower assistance. But then we heard the latest news. PIMS seems to be the promoter.
Some time ago the message from MA was that Broadford was no good, but recently I was told the improvements have made it better to take on the National Titles.

I personnally feel ripped off by MA's action over the last two presentations and have told the committee dont ask me to help unless you can convince me to bother. I may calm down one day but that is not the case now.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  7:43:00 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

I wouldn't get too down in the mouth about it, John. MA are gibbering if they think Broady is unsuitable. Morgan Park was deemed okay and they happily sent us, like lambs to the slaughter, to that debacle at Winton a few years back, so obviously they just need constant info updates from the likes of your clerk of course and steward from the Southern Classic to remind them how easily-administrated a Broady meeting can be.
Rumour this year was that it was a toss-up between Tassie, Qld Raceway and PI. Really ? Two nats in a row in Qld ? Apparently MA's Disinformation Unit is functioning beautifully. Likewise in the VMX, Qld last year, and probably WA's turn next year. But suddenly the 2010 VMX nats are at Broadford, only one week away from the HBBB at Easter.....(cue creepy music and Jack Palance voice impersonation)...believe it...or not...
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  10:59:28 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by GD66

I wouldn't get too down in the mouth about it, John. MA are gibbering if they think Broady is unsuitable. But suddenly the 2010 VMX nats are at Broadford, only one week away from the HBBB at Easter.....(cue creepy music and Jack Palance voice impersonation)...believe it...or not...

Wow GD66 had not heard about that one! Have a look at TNF - 10 years in about one minute!!
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  12:35:10 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Not wanting to get off the subject but.....The Southern Classic (another roaring success run by HMRAV) with over 200 entries proves to MA the club and circuit is a popular venue for Classic Racing.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  11:04:02 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

GD66, I think you can forget Winton for historic bike meetings in future. There is still something to be said, which has not been said!
Go to Top of Page

peen0_0
Level 3 Member

Victoria

224 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  12:15:07 PM  Show Profile Send peen0_0 a Private Message  

Alan, for the benefit of those of us that have no idea what you are talking about, how about sharing with us that "which has not been said"?
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  6:26:24 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by glen20

GD66, I think you can forget Winton for historic bike meetings in future.

After the last effort from those clowns, I already have....
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  5:55:06 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

GD66, why don't you ring ross thingymabob at MA, and demand an explanation as to why HMRAV wasn't asked to run the 2010 champs at broadford?
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  10:35:28 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

'For what it's worth, I reckon MA would be well advised to consider the next time the wheel goes around, and the historic roadrace nats are allocated to Victoria, the meeting should run at Broadford....'

The last time the titles were held in Vic was 2003, which sort of figures, as there are a total of 7 states and territories! So you could probably start planning now for the titles to be held at HMRAV/Broadford in 2017 or 2024!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  6:15:29 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

There is no secrets with this one.
I had made it plain to the whole world, I did not want to get involved with any National titles on behalf of the HMRAV.
In fact there had been some encouragement to consider doing it lately, as Secretary it makes it hard for the committee to get anywhere without 100% support.
But MA has its way of doing things and now it is Phippil Island.
I think Alan is trying to suggest that the HMRAV tried to sabotage the Winton National by organising a boycott, which is not the truth by any means. but he likes to repeat it.

That may be the "hidden" words he spoke of..

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  07:50:23 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

What I am suggesting is that officials at Winton at the 2003 titles were abused by all and sundry, probably as a result of garbage anonomously put up on this forum! There is an apology owing to Winton Motor Raceway staff. If it never happens historic motorcycle racers will always be there under a cloud! I am still trying to run a motorcycle club in conjunction with Benalla Auto Club, you guys didn't help that happen!
In the future, if you want to race at Winton you can probably look forward to cooperating with Terry O'Neill. He is an employee of Winton Motor Raceway, and the main motorcycling person in the company.
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  4:32:31 PM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

Er, well back to the future, all the tittle tattle bull goes on over past history, honestly to an outsider it must seem most people here seem to have longer memories than an elephant. Let me tell you all that while this childish trash continues MA are totally justified in keeping the National Champs away from you lot.

The Secretary of the major historic racing club in Victoria who cracks the sads because he doesn't get his way, a paranoid who thinks the world revolves around Winton and can't respond to what seems reasonable criticism - how unprofessional. Who cares, I think MA do. They just see this stuff and think, "my god its Victoria's turn - what do we do - lets take it away from the clubs and give it to a private organisation who don't air their dirty linen on a public forum". Simple as that!

As for me, and I think a lot of others who read this stuff, I think its time to move on. Its time for reasonable representation to be made to MA to find out why they didn't give it to the clubs to run. MA should be approached about the venue (even if I don't agree, for a whole lot of reasons, with GD66's comments on Broadford)and asked why they didn't go there. Dummy spitting has to end for the good of our branch of the sport. This unedifying conduct only confirms MA's judgment and encourages them to think we are a laughing stock that can be simply trampled on. As the Eagles said "Get Over It".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services