Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 2010 Australian Historic titles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  6:24:15 PM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Entry forms are now available for 2010 historic titles on the M.A website.

125 alliance

bruce pederick
Level 2 Member

Victoria

27 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2010 :  7:15:32 PM  Show Profile Send bruce pederick a Private Message  

Fergus Cameron GM of P I Motor Sport is anxious to enlarge the Period 2 (pre war) event. Years ago there were over 50 entries in this class. He has asked Fraser McMillan to promote the event. Fraser has co opted me as a past 350 title winner to help. (Eastern Creek 2000)

It is hoped to gain enough entries for the 350, 500 and unlimited classes. --10 entries in each class. There will be a lot of machines out there which have not been used for a while. If the owners don,t ride any more perhaps they could lend to an experienced rider .,. I already have 2 entries in the 350 class on this basis.To indicate your interest my phone is 03 58314114 or e mail bruped@mcmedia.com.au

Bruce Pederick
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2010 :  8:41:52 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Good on you, Bruce ! Many have not realised that if they don't lobby within their particular/favourite category, it will go to seed, and eventually be dropped for lack of support (and hats off to the 125s for getting stuck in this season !). We in the West are having yet another dig at P3 this year, as our President is keen to give it a shove, but I can tell you that we will eventually get sick of bleating in the wilderness for Classic racers to get their bikes back onto the track, and get stuck into promoting Period 6 and the like to gain the interest/membership of new clubbies, with enthusiasm, new bikes and ideas, and cash to stick into club coffers and keep the clubs alive. With the advent of the cashed-up post-thirties, a GSXR-750 is a classic bike to them, they don't have much interest or sympathy for older categories, but if they're keen to turn up, get involved, and go racing, it would be irresponsible for club committees to turn their back on these people if they are sincere in their commitment to the future of their clubs. This is what we face, so it's really up to those who want to race and be catered for, to get the bikes out on the track, or face an uncertain future. Just my two bobs' worth, Bruce, but congrats for getting stuck in to lever a few more racers on to the track...
Regards GD

Edited by - GD66 on 05 May 2010 8:43:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  08:13:58 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Words of wisdom men, well said.
We need to get a few motoring journos on side so that we can expose our sport to those who are out there in the dark.
We have to light the lamp so that they can find us.
I intend to give it a try for the Southern Classic this year.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services