Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Help needed at Come N Try
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  8:48:52 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am desparate for help with this event. Thus far I am the only person attending to run it.
That is not enough!

I need help at the gate, the start, the pits, the lunch, the scrutineering , the back up.
If anybody can help me please let me know, otherwise it may be the biggest balls up since Hitler became the Chancellor of Germany.

In the future I am going to have to do something different to the extent every participant may have to find somebody to help.

Anyway lets try and make sure its a great fun day and we all want to come back again.
I am thinking of promoting it as a test and tune , Come N Try day to cover all that seems to happen.
So remember if you can drag a helper along you can have all my share of the beer afterwards!

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  9:33:28 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

I thought it was an HMRAV event ? Where's your stalwarts ? If you're really snookered, Sidecar 38 was bringing five people along, maybe contact them and try for a couple of extras. But with five days to go, it's getting a little squirmy : HELP PLEASE, PEOPLE !
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2010 :  07:32:02 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

it is an open event organised by the HMRAV, but I still dont have helpers?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2010 :  10:01:09 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

So can anyone come and ride ,you do not have to be a hmrav member ,is that correct?
Thanks

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2010 :  10:10:23 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Any body can come along.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  10:15:16 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Just letting people see the bookings so far, 18 paid up. They are better than I thought possible. THANKS TO THEM FOR THEIR SUPPORT THUS FAR.

I have had a few people get back to me after I asked for help and Toddy has explained Dave and Chris Large are coming over.
Rodger Gunn and Tracel Gibson have also put their hands up.
I have ordered 100 sausages and 60 meat patties for hamburgers. Does that sound about right?
I thought I would get 10 loaves of bread will that do?
Can somebody contact John Clancy and ask him to get fresh bread for us Sunday AM, I still cannot ring out on the phone here and will need to rely on the bush telegraph!.

I have paid the $110 and obtained 70 Come N Try licences.

If we can get a tent for the start line for protection that would be good.
If anybody else can think of something please let me know.

I want some sort of arm band that will be better than what I did last year, to ensure only the correct, paid up, people get on the track, are there any ideas out there please?

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 02 Dec 2010 10:25:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services