Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Defining Log Book Rules
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  5:41:45 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

One of the things which might be deterring people from racing historic bikes is the bureaucratic bullsh1t we must go through before we even get near a circuit. The single event licence was a good step forward. Perhaps we should now look at how we can improve the log book rules ? Surely it shouldn't really be an offence to ride a bike in an historic race if the rider voluntarily excluded themself from the results and receives no trophies or prize money. I suggest that the only time log books should be mandatory is at championship meetings. Eligibility checking at a non-championship meeting is unnecessary and pretty pointless. The opportunity to protest a result is always there anyway, if somebody gets their nose out of joint. Winners of races could be required to show their log book, before carrying away trophies and bags of money ?
However there could be a significant positive affect on the number of newcomers entering events.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

Edited by - acotrel on 01 Nov 2012 5:53:29 PM

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  10:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Surely it shouldn't really be an offence to ride a bike in an historic race if the rider voluntarily excluded themself from the results and receives no trophies or prize money seem's gud to me..
log books should be mandatory is at championship meetings only if u want trophies see above..
Eligibility checking at a non-championship meeting is unnecessary and pretty pointless disagree, ALL bikes should look correct for class being ridden in ..
Winners of races would be required to show their log book and place getters 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th

Allan Greening

Edited by - Allan on 02 Nov 2012 10:58:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  07:11:25 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

If a bike is 'eligible' does that necessarily mean that it looks right ? I've seen fifties Manxes with Honda front brakes. A 53 model longstroker with the late seat and MK2 Amal Carburettor. Authentic and original are different from eligible. I know the guys want to concentrater on racing, but often there isn't even the intention to present a bike that is looking original and beautiful, but the bike is still eligible. It is all bullsh1t. Eligibilty/authenticity checking should rely on a photo/evidence from the relevant era showing the comparable type of machine, and allowing for minor differences in things such as breathers, catch tanks, silencers and chain guards. I believe there should be one race at the end of each day for all the bikes that don't look right - if you turn up with a dunger, that's your ride - all in together.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

Edited by - acotrel on 03 Nov 2012 07:22:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services