Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Allan Greening's old bike parts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  7:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Hello All,

After a massive clean out of Allan's shed this week-end, we have a huge pile of bike parts from frames to brake cables and lots in between for a number of various old bikes.

These parts are general use and also race bike parts. I am looking to have them picked up by a club who will put them to great use (which can have them for free) or the lot can go to an individual/company for $500.00 for the lot. There are only a couple of conditions, and they are the following:

• Everything to be picked up at once, none of this "I do not need that" will be accepted, it is a job lot
  • To be able to claim the Free to Clubs, you will need to prove to me that it is to help out the club
  • This needs to be done and picked up before the 20th May 2013, no exceptions or it will go to scrap metal
  • Pickup if from Dunolly in Central Victoria, with the new owner will need to arrange (and it will not fit in ute or a 2 tonne truck)

Please use the Contact Us link at the side of the page

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  07:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I was at the shed on the week-end and took some quick pictures of what is in the job lot including 5 bike frames, forks, wheels, tanks, seats, fairings and heaps of other parts:

Well worth the price and the trip to collect.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2013 :  4:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

So I gather that no one is interested in the items. Guess that they are going to go to the scrap metal man then as I have no where to store them and the new owners of the property do not want them.

If there are some that can come and pick the parts up on the 19th/20th May 2013 than please let me know by Thursday lunch time via the contact form or I arrange with the scrap metal man.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  7:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

New owners of the property will be getting the scrap metal bloke in to scrap the parts.

So much for promoting the sport through the clubs, I tried to give the clubs a gift and not one jumped at it, and as for these that are trying to keep the sport alive, doesn't appear that way to me.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  04:54:41 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

There used to be a bike wrecker in Bendigo who might pick them up. He was just off the main drag towards the hospital on the north side of Golden Square, over the bridge. It would be a shame to waste them.

Is this what happens our belongings when we die? I find those photos very sad.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  06:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

And there was a lot more, but the barrels had fins missing, pits in the bores, fins missing on the heads, bottom ends in pieces and just bits and pieces everywhere. I did separate the good from the bad.

There was a wrecker in Bendigo that I contacted, but he said he did not have the time to collect them by the time the house was to be handed over to the new people.

I didn't want to have to do it, but I have nowhere to store them for years on end, and I was trying to help out the clubs to get more people involved and no one took up the offer. Given that, it is a real bloody shame.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2013 :  07:04:13 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

David, If you give Renea Dursma a ring on 5766 2020 he might pick up the bits and sell them off at swap meets. At least they might be of some benefit to some bike enthusiasts.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services