Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 2020 MA rules revision
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2020 :  1:05:45 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

If you have any views on the proposed rule changes, please get back to me or your state Historic management Committee and give us your concerns or support.
Thanks

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2020 :  08:00:01 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Most of the problems with historic racing have occurred because of running two-strokes in the same races as four-strokes. While historic race classes are based only on date of manufacture and capacity, that is never going to change.
If you look back a bit, Brice Kinnersley used to run his 250 Montesa in Period 3 against 350 Manxes and 7Rs. He was within the rules. He later had the decency to move to Period 4. There was a 125cc Bantam which was almost an RS125. And decent two stroke of 250cc will absolutely cream most four-strokes on a reasonably short circuit - that is most of our circuits. When you do that, anyone who has spent a bomb on a four-stroke will stay at home.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2020 :  08:07:47 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I love two-stroke races and I love four-stroke races. A few years ago I made a conscious choice. I sold a very good TZ350 to buy a decent gearbox for my Seeley Commando 850. Running a TZ350 is too expensive to waste it in races against four cylinder four strokes. I've only raced the Seeley a few times, but there have been two-strokes getting in my way with their different race lines. It is not what road racing should be about.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2020 :  08:10:48 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Some of the best road racing we have ever seen was in the late 60s and early seventies when everybody had small capacity two-strokes.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2020 :  08:12:57 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Historic racing is crap and always has been.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2020 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

The seniors' meetings offer better value then historic. At least they are not all pansies who do not really want to race.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services